Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mention the problem with Zero 8 to Korg!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tablet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Mention the problem with Zero 8 to Korg!!! Reply with quote

I'm just thinking if anyone who has problems with Zero 8(I think all) should mention it directly to Korg and must demand free update service if they release fixed Zeros in the future..I think that if anyone of us do that we maybe succeed something.GUYS WE'VE PAYED 1900-2000 FOR THAT MIXER.WHAT THEY WAS THINKING???
rasputin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: The situation... Reply with quote

It looks like almost all of us who have spent a lot of money on a supposedly professional mixer has been experiencing the issue with bad sound quality (hiss). A mixer that we use for music production and DJing costing us $2K shouldn't sound bad, and from what I've seen, Korg is not responding too well on our complaints. I've sent support requests by email a couple of times without even a response.

I suggest that if Korg can't give us a solution to the problems we're having, a class-action lawsuit might be a solution.

We have basically paid this money for something that doesn't work and while time passes, hoping to get a product update, so does technology. Products become more advanced and less expensive. How long do we have to wait to get our products up and running???
tablet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think that how Korg decided to release a product with so many problems.Didn't they test it?Didn't they expected that the buyers will have the problems and complaint?Didn't they respect the buyers?Didn't they respect the fact that the buyers maybe saved their money for a long time to buy a console so expensive which doesn't do that it says..Anyway I hope we'll figure it out!!
euklid.fox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree

I think we are Beta testers so korg can sell their units earlier, otherwise how could they let those units pass thru test and claim to have good sound quality, for me there are so many issues but the two main are:

1 sound quality and hiss
2 cue/pfl and master not in I/O

We really need to organize ourself, if they don't answer us or give us
some fixes. Evil or Very Mad
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree wholeheartedly.... we must all admit the futility of this cause.

Nothing will get done about this issue... ever. Our best bet is to stop with the constant complaints, and sell our mixers to the first unwitting purchaser we can find. Recover as much money as possible, and then put that towards another option from a competing company.

The more complaining we do, the worse our chances for selling these mixers to someone.

Don't hold your breath for any company to fix anything, ever. It's not going to happen.
splurt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.petitiononline.com/
arno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Since a couple of weeks now i'm the proud owner of a zero 8.
The hiss/noise problem i read so much about in the forums is non existing in my zero 8.

I've hooked up two krk-rp8 monitors to the main xlr outputs and turned the main volume to max. Max-ed the amps in my speakers. Also disconnected al sources from the inputs and max-ed all channel faders.

No hiss, no noise.

I did the same using my sennheiser hd25-1 headphone.
I also tried switching the inputs to line/cd/mic/phone/guitar same results.

To finish off the test i connected the audio output of my HP laptop to the cd input and turned up the volume agian. And voila, a whole bunch of noise and hiss, but that's normal since the audio interface (AC97) in my laptop is crap.

Conclusion: my zero 8 (serial 000390) doesn't appear to have this problem.

Note that i've updated to firmware to the latetst available version from day one, so that might help the earlier models.

Arno
The Netherlands
tablet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arno..What about the VU meters?Are they working normally?And what about the gain levels on inputs? lucky one!!
arno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tablet wrote:
Arno..What about the VU meters?Are they working normally?And what about the gain levels on inputs? lucky one!!

VU-Meters are working as expected. They follow the selected input.
When in full midi they reflect the signals comming from the firewire audio interface.

Gain on inputs also work normal. When in full midi the gain knob remains orange and controls the gain of the firewire input.

- Arno
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arno, as you know, hiss has nothing to do with on mixer settings, you hear the hiss simply by turning on mixer when its connected to master out.

so do you hear anything when the mixer is off and when it turns on..

mine is a loud white noise
arno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... nothing. No Hiss, no noise.
The sound of silence.

I suggest you go back to your local dealer, make a big fuss and demand a replacement. What serial do you have?

Arno
tablet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are waiting for other users of Zero 8 to tell us the -good-news about their console..
-ePrHom-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, a loud noise when y plug to my monitors... to bypass the problem i plug a KP3 between the Zero8 and the monitors, by this way i can adjust the volume on the KP3 and don't heard this f*ck*ng noise !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: