Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X3 Workstation - How do I switch from midi to audio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilectofhim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Korg X3 Workstation - How do I switch from midi to audio? Reply with quote

hello - I am new to this forum and am hoping somebody can tell me how to program my korg x3 workstation. right now it is in midi because I am accustomed to using it on my pc with cubase. But I don't want to use it on my pc. I need to use my amp and play through my amp. It has been connected to my pc into cubase for so long (3 years or more) and I can't remember how to switch it and cannot find a manual anywhere. No sound coming out of my amp because my keyboard is in midi.... can some one out there please tell me what to do on my korg to put it back to audio. Which means I have to press some button on my korg to put in to audio. I am pressing buttons on my keyboard but some how I am not getting the right button to make the switch over to audio. I have asked on a different forum and they are telling me to make certain your "local control" setting is on. But where do I find this setting to change it?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Tage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a gander through your global settings.
ahchewyy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Korg X3 Workstation - How do I switch from midi to audio Reply with quote

ilectofhim wrote:
hello - I am new to this forum and am hoping somebody can tell me how to program my korg x3 workstation. right now it is in midi because I am accustomed to using it on my pc with cubase. But I don't want to use it on my pc. I need to use my amp and play through my amp. It has been connected to my pc into cubase for so long (3 years or more) and I can't remember how to switch it and cannot find a manual anywhere. No sound coming out of my amp because my keyboard is in midi.... can some one out there please tell me what to do on my korg to put it back to audio. Which means I have to press some button on my korg to put in to audio. I am pressing buttons on my keyboard but some how I am not getting the right button to make the switch over to audio. I have asked on a different forum and they are telling me to make certain your "local control" setting is on. But where do I find this setting to change it?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just came across your post. Have you looked in the global setting under the screen 3A-1 and make sure it's set to INT and then go to 3B-1 LOCAL CONTROL is set to ON. This should help. I on the other hand am having just the opposite problem and can't get the midi to play back through the X3. I have only used the X3 with my amps and now I want to try midi...So any help here would be greatly appreciated also... I hopes this helps....... Wink
Tage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. I've just posted a similiar reply on another thread.
Very Happy Very Happy
josephriley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: I also have a few question about my new korg x3 Reply with quote

I am a seasoned M1 sequencer user ,recently purchased a used korg x3

I would like to use my x3 the same way , with my master clock coming from a my sr 16 drum machine and the seq being uses to write patterns as a slave

its not quiet the same with the x 3

drop a phone number here if you think we might chat

thanks
josephriley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg X3 Workstation - How do I switch from midi to audio Reply with quote

I am a seasoned M1 sequencer user ,recently purchased a used korg x3

I would like to use my x3 the same way , with my master clock coming from a my sr 16 drum machine and the seq being uses to write patterns as a slave

its not quiet the same with the x 3

drop a phone number here if you think we might chat

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: