Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP-3 + K61P how would it work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexisonmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: KP-3 + K61P how would it work? Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to buy a K61P to hook it with my KP-3 and i wonder what I'd be able to do with it? could I play it like a synth+using kaoss effects? Use it live also? I'm very new to the midi stuff, so please help me.
Zedius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I'm going to buy a K61P to hook it with my KP-3 and i wonder what I'd be able to do with it?

Quote:

could I play it like a synth+using kaoss effects?

Depends what you mean by "play it like a synth". I don't think you can play the kaoss pad's synth sounds with a keyboard, but I could be wrong. I'm sure by effecting the 24 on board sounds that come with the K61P they will sound more badass.

Quote:

Use it live also?

Yeah, why not? You can use anything live.

Is there something specific you're going for? I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to use a midi controller keyboard with the kaoss pad. Anyone else know something I don't?
alexisonmusic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna have midi-keyboard hooked with kaoss to play some piano melodies over the kaoss samples and our music, I'm asking bout it, because I've read something like u can't get a sound of midi-keyboard unless it's connected to the PC/MAC that's why I'm wondering. Maybe it's worth to buy a syntheseizer for this purposes?
Zedius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, a midi controller transmits midi messages, not sounds. So it will tell a computer or another synthesizer to play certain notes.

Sounds like you need just a keyboard or a synth or something.

Mind you, from what I read about the midi controller you are referring to, it comes with 24 internal sounds. So if those sounds are fine for what you want to do, then go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: