Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renewing my car insurance today. - Short Story :-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Renewing my car insurance today. - Short Story :-) Reply with quote

Hi all.

I forgot to renew my car insurance and it's up tomorrow morning. So, after only realising this today at 4:30pm, I call my insurance company straight away. They had quoted me €510 for my renewal, but it's the same every year. You ring them and they knock 100 bucks off straight away when you lie that you got a quote elsewhere Smile

In true style, I called them and said I got a quote elsewhere, hey presto, they knocked 100 Euro off Smile

Feeling lucky in thinking that if I told them some fake quote that they would match it since I'm with them for 10 years, before I knew it the words €250 had slipped out of my mount. Talk about totally ridiculous, I cringed the seconds I said this.

The guy straight out laughed at me Smile It wasn't until he got a little carried away that I made up my mind to pretend that the quote was real and that I was not going to pay him any more than 250. Needless to say he told me he had no intentions of matching that as he did not believe I got that quote from anywhere, so I said... fair enough then. I will take my business elsewhere and I hung up.

So at this point I thought I was totally screwed and that I made a big mistake. Still, I remembered getting a letter in the door a few weeks back about car insurance from a larger company. They where offering a lot of thing I didn't feel I needed so I never bothered to call them. Considering I was stuck now and my insurance was up in the morning, I decided to take a chance and I phone Christine for the number.

Called them and like the letter, they started quoting all sorts of crazy ass add-ons they would give me. I left the lady say everything she was reading off the screen and then just asked, how much. Well I nearly laughed at her on the phone. She quoted me €250 for the lot. Can't believe my luck.!!!!

I picked that 250 price out of my ass when talking to my original insurance company, and here I am now only having to pay that to my new one Smile Felt like ringing the first guy back and laughing at him.

So, I saved my self 250 snots today Smile pretty freaking cool.

Regards.
Sharp.
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice,
but you gotta what the exaggerations, though.
It has a way of coming back and biting you in the you know what.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, nice!

So, let me bet: you're going to tell your wife you paied 510 euros...
then, with the saved 260 euros, you have already ordered a new EXi for the big O in the studio?!?! Twisted Evil

BTW, here in Italy, it's nearly impossible to change the price of the car insurance: they calculate the price, and if you don't agree to pay that amount you have to leave the company and go away. Insurance prices are so variable here that you can't explain where they come from, but the rule "no one give anything for nothing" has never been so true: low costs have strange clause that you discover only when you have an accident...!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4

Last edited by Diego on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I forgot to mention a very sweet law active from about 1 year here in Italy...!!
Usually, if you create a new insurance, you're going to start from the lowest position of the scale, and you pay a lot (than, every year you don't have accidents, you go up on that scale of 1 position and pay less) especially if you're young.

BUT!!!!

If you create a new insurance, you're going to start from the lowest insurance class of a member of your family!

SO: if today I buy a car and I make a new insurance, I'm going to be in 4th class as I live with my parents and my father is in 4th class (my mother is in 5th)!

Not bad, I like this italian law Cool

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Fitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play to you Sharp !

It really does pay to be cheeky Very Happy

fitchsounds.com.....ambiencellist.com.....irishstringtracks.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: