Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of farmpad - os x hack for padKontrol
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flycycle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: New version of farmpad - os x hack for padKontrol Reply with quote

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version of farmpad which should hopefully fix the problems PPC users had with the earlier version, and also has a config option so you can define controller and channel numbers, mix different trigger modes and assign notes to pads and switches.

I figured I'd start a new thread for this version as it hopefully clears up the problems you all were having in the old one.

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while, and that this took so long! I don't know what to say, other than this took much longer than I expected, and thanks for your patience.

Get it here: http://farmaudio.com/farmpad

It should work on Intel and PowerPC macs running 10.4+, although I don't have the means to test it. If it works on your machine please let me know Smile
S4racen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Yes... I'm so fiddling with this when i get home, which if my delegates get a move on in their exam could be quite soon....

Cheers Flycycle!

D
S4racen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right i'm on it now, when you say the utility can be customized with a text file, where do i need to put the text file??

Cheers
D
flycycle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Config files can be placed anywhere on your machine - if you create a 'farmpad' folder in your home folder for example, you could load a config file called 'config.txt' using the command:
Code:
farmpad -c ~/farmpad/config.txt
flycycle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a new version (0.9) which lets you set up pad groups - only one pad in a group can be switched on at once, which is useful for playing clips in Live - only the clip that's playing is lit up. Nice one S4racen for the suggestion Smile
S4racen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome just what i've been after.... Now to get tinkring!!

Cheers Flycycle!

D
S4racen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thius application is sssssssssssssssooooooooooo good....

Absolutely the missing link between ableton and the Padkontrol....

Wicked!

Cheers
D
flycycle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks S4racen, glad you're enjoying it Smile

I've uploaded a new version (0.9.1) which has a retrigger mode - when you light up a pad, hitting it again sends another 'on' value. You turn off a retrigger pad with another control in the same group. It works great with drum loops Very Happy
autogenesis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this flycycle! works a treat now on my G4 Powerbook 1.67GHz running 10.4.8.

The new groups functionality sounds awesome too, nice work.

One question though, is it possible to set a control on the pK to switch MIDI channels live with this yet? or are we limited to just 1?

Thanks again for your hard work on this. If I can switch MIDI channels with this it will be damn near perfect.

edit-

Just played around with the config files to get retrigger groups working how I want them, and I have to say wow man this is awesome!
If I could just switch MIDI channels now, and have the lights update to show how they were last triggered on each channel, then this will seriously make my pK the definitive perfect controller for my VJ & Ableton Live sets. Major props to you man!
flycycle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey autogenesis, thanks for the props!

I'm pleased to hear it's working on your G4.

Sounds like what you want to do is covered by the new scenes stuff that I've been adding in over the last few days. (You can already assign individual controls to different channels, but the new stuff's better Wink)

What you'll be able to do is have 16 different scenes/setups (like a normal padKontrol), and select a scene by holding down a scene select switch (you choose the switch) then hitting the pad number for the scene you want. The settings on each scene are remembered as you switch between them. By default the controls on each scene are mapped to the channel of the scene number - scene 16's controls are on channel 16 etc. You can change the lcd text on each scene to remind you which channel you're on.

If you've got a custom setup you want to replicate across each scene it'll be a copy/paste job in the config file, sticking 'scene:x' before each scene.

It's almost sorted out, just testing now, and then I'll upload it asap. It works a treat Very Happy
S4racen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god oh my god oh my god....

Yes yes yes!!

That will truly be awesome!

I'm at last rocking ableton with my gear now it does what i thought it should do in the first place!

Cheers
D
autogenesis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flycycle wrote:
Hey autogenesis, thanks for the props!

I'm pleased to hear it's working on your G4.

Sounds like what you want to do is covered by the new scenes stuff that I've been adding in over the last few days. (You can already assign individual controls to different channels, but the new stuff's better Wink)

What you'll be able to do is have 16 different scenes/setups (like a normal padKontrol), and select a scene by holding down a scene select switch (you choose the switch) then hitting the pad number for the scene you want. The settings on each scene are remembered as you switch between them. By default the controls on each scene are mapped to the channel of the scene number - scene 16's controls are on channel 16 etc. You can change the lcd text on each scene to remind you which channel you're on.

If you've got a custom setup you want to replicate across each scene it'll be a copy/paste job in the config file, sticking 'scene:x' before each scene.

It's almost sorted out, just testing now, and then I'll upload it asap. It works a treat Very Happy

That sounds bang on man. I knew my telepathy lessons would pay off one day Very Happy

If letting someone else help to road test is something you might consider. I'd love to run it through its paces when I VJ at the weekend, and let you know how it holds up. I've been trying to think of a way I could use it in its current incarnation, but I think I'd have to completely change my whole workflow to accomodate it Sad. I really need 4 scenes minimum for my current VJ setup, so it'll be a bit restrictive trying to use just one.
JaJu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm at last rocking ableton with my gear now it does what i thought it should do in the first place!

I totally agree – I've waited for a proper way to get clip feedback from Ableton for years. When I first saw padKONTROL I thought this was the solution, but no. Now comes flycycle to the rescue – thank you so much for doing this and sharing Very Happy
JaJu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the N00bish question – I'm new to terminal. My user is called 'janusnovak' and my configuration files for farmpad are at:

/Users/janusnovak/Music/Presets+Patches/farmpad

So what exactly should I write to activate farmpad with another configuration from that folder?

Another thing – will all the parameters that are not in a configuration file be set to the default configuration of farmpad?
autogenesis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaJu wrote:
Sorry for the N00bish question – I'm new to terminal. My user is called 'janusnovak' and my configuration files for farmpad are at:

/Users/janusnovak/Music/Presets+Patches/farmpad

So what exactly should I write to activate farmpad with another configuration from that folder?

Another thing – will all the parameters that are not in a configuration file be set to the default configuration of farmpad?

Assuming your configuration files are in the folder named 'farmpad' like you stated above, this should work -

Code:
farmpad -c ~/Music/Presets+Patches/farmpad/your_config_file.txt

(obviously replace 'your_config_file' with the name of the configuration file you wish to use) then just hit 'return'.

Regarding your second question, I've only defined some retrigger groups in my config file for the main pads and nothing else. The rest of the buttons still function as toggles, and the knobs and encoder still send MIDI, so I guess the answer is yes.

Last edited by autogenesis on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: