Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade to KLCAE 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stewage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Upgrade to KLCAE 2007 Reply with quote

I'm thinking of upgrading my KLC-1 Analogue edition with MS20 controller to the 2007 version. If I do this will I lose the Wavestation? If you look at the table of what each edition contains it certainly looks that way. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that you'd get the new versions of the MS20, P6 and M/P with the USB key and keep the Wavestation in the original challange/response version. I don't think the AE2007 removes any software.

Hard to tell for me though. I did the same upgrade, but I also have the Digital Edition, so I have a different Wavestation anyway.
Stewage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's not very clear is it. So you're suggesting that both versions of the software will run side by side. But the old version will eventually be unsupported and then I'll lose the wavestation!
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think they will run side by side. Before I upgraded to AE2007 I had the original KLC next to the Digital Edition. So I had both the challange/response Wavestation as well as the USB-key one. And both worked fine.

If Korg drops support for the old version, that doesn't mean the software will stop working. It will only mean there won't be any new versions. But I think they already announced that the latest update for the original version would be the last anyway (apart from major bugs if they were discovered).

But this really is a question you can probably better ask Korg directly, instead of this unofficial forum.
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, the challange/response version is probably still there somewhere even after upgrading. Let me check...

[edit]
No, I think I removed that.
Stewage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try contacting them direct.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade to KLCAE 2007 Reply with quote

Stewage wrote:
I'm thinking of upgrading my KLC-1 Analogue edition with MS20 controller to the 2007 version. If I do this will I lose the Wavestation? If you look at the table of what each edition contains it certainly looks that way. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

No, you don't lose the Wavestation since each KLC "instrument" has its own executable. For example on a Windows PC:

-- C:\Program Files\Korg\Korg Legacy\Wavestation.exe (standalone)
-- C:\Program Files\Korg\Korg Legacy\MS-20.exe (standalone)

What you don't get with the KLC-AE2007 update is the newest version of Wavestation. That is available with the KLC-DE (Digital Edition).
Stewage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. I've been gagging to gfet my hands on the mono/poly. Off to purchase it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: