Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3200- Increasing the overall Volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTEDT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: D3200- Increasing the overall Volume Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Here's the problem: I've recorded my tracks into the master track. During the whole time the sound level is very close to 0Db but it does not clip. I then burnt this song into a CD and played it onto my DVD player which is connected to a Home theater system. Sound from it is amazing but its not as loud as CDs that i buy. I've normalised the volume to max(0Db) on my D3200.

Any ideas on how to further increase the sound level without it clipping. I've read the manual with no luck.

Thanks for any help.....

Cheers
Korg Kronos 61 - #2450
Korg D3200

http://soundcloud.com/charles-philip-john
bear1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: d3200 volume Reply with quote

Hi: I don't know if you have your answer, it has been a while...I just joined and saw the post.
I have a 3200,and from my reading...in all different recording formats..this is the problem. It is usually solved in mastering. A mastering studio has equipment that tweaks the mix so you get a great sound with great volume. On the D3200, you get a boost from your final effect..it's a the bottom of the effects page...if you use the mastering compressor ( I think it's p42)on the d3200 as you make your master on the d3200. It makes the track more present, and louder...with softer tracks you may not like it...try it...there is an on/off and you really hear the difference. This is like a poor man's mastering studio.
Hope this helps
Larry
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by 19naia on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one thing I did not try back when i had the D-3200. The mastering effects. I was not really up on the use of compressor and mastering effects then, but now on korg kronos i found a compressor FX in the mastering effects category that significantly boosts sound.
I think i also used Cueing or something like that in D3200, its been years since i had D3200. But whatever it was, it gave be a significant increase in CD volume on external players. But not enough to sell a CD.

What is so different about D3200 CD player that it plays the CD loud but other CD players cannot play them loud? Maybe D3200 has a more powerful output for the mixing board side of it? I sure enjoyed using it as a mixing board. I would take a D-3200 as a mixing board again if i got a good deal on one.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: