Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import Triton Extreme program into a Triton Studio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurtasbestos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Import Triton Extreme program into a Triton Studio? Reply with quote

Sorry for a newbie-ish question. I have an all-Korg studio at home, and usually I can lurk around the forums until I find an answer, but this time I need an answer quickly, so I decided to finally make an account.

Anyway... I've had my Triton for about a year, and I love the thing, but I just haven't found much time to really learn my way around it, which is sad. I'm performing a couple of songs at an upcoming open mic night at my college, for which I'll be using Electribe + Triton (and recording it on my MR-1 Very Happy ). The problem, though, is that I have a Triton Extreme, and my school has a Triton Studio Pro.

So my question is, is it possible for me to import the program I want to use from my Extreme to the Studio? I have one specific sound I want to use, and I haven't found a good substitute on the school's keyboard (though I managed to find one of the programs I use for a different song). I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.. I just don't have the know-how or time to figure it out.
keego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu wil have to find is the studio is fully loaded with ROM.
The EXtreme as you know has 160MB but the studio comes with 48MB standard expandable to 160MB. Even then it may not work depending on what effects are used.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
phaceless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Import Triton Extreme program into a Triton Studio? Reply with quote

The problem isnt so much the effects but the extra samples that are used in the extreme you have two options though 3 but that would be more trouble than it is worth..... savee your pcg to a pc then burn it to a disk or floppy and see what sounds load up on the pro
2 take ur extreme to the performance
well 3 may not even be that bad sample the loop of the sound from u extreme and then load it and loop it on the pro....
kmar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that Studio (even fully loaded) have samples in different locations than Extreme so programs will not load properly.

cheers

kmar
Tiayviel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have some time, just knack open the Studio program, check the sample names, and just manually setup the program in th Ex based on that. If it's only one sound, it will be way faster then tries and do's with importing.

(Hej Polska:D)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: