Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emblazon The Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Doctor said there are no words.

But thank you for continuing to share your music and the emotion your performances carry with us. From listening to your song again, it seems you have found some strength in your music.

I am looking forward to hearing anything you may do with this song in the future and am definitely looking forward to your next piece.

Jon

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news John...I'm very sorry, really Sad
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely wonderful!
This has so much drama, and emotion, and sounds so sweet, I can't even think of critiqing it, besides Solo alway nails that for us.
I truly enjoyed this John, sweet stuff!
Sounds Good
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there are those that do, and..those that don't..Thats the right way to say it, and I am a bit of both..Elsewhere I mention Vlado Perlemuter, a now dead pianist. He is pretty pop. on YouTube right now (in a few circles) for a performance of Ravels Scarbo..perhaps the worlds most diff. piece..in the standard rep. He is one that did it.. in music...

He was 89 or 90 when he did the performance seen on YouTube..and I am much younger..at 68..but I fail in my ability, and for this I am sorry. However I do continue, and thats what it is all about. Maybe I WILL be one of the ones that does...meaning not giving up. I suspect there are some older than me here, as perhaps members of the IA family, and supporters on the forum...

Thats all I want from the OSAM. To do some good, and to be a friend, so I want to help again, through this year, hoping to give some valid advice, as others do, and to hopefully present something others will get something out of as well..though my pleasure in music is very different than most members...

Thanks to those now and perhaps seeing it later, for thoughts for our son. It is most happy for a sad time for me..and I am moved that many understand why I wanted to tell you about it...It has power over me, and you should know that..You are just not supposed to outlive your children...(But some do...)

I wish to always thank each one..Dr Who, the latest, and I am truly humbled that you like my small song...it meant something to me, and I am greatful!! I will soon report changes in the song for the better......

My Best Regards to all!! John (ellll) Rolling Eyes
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And , indeed,

Thanks for the kind thoughts Sewa...We all have problems we must face...and my wife and I are doing that!

And Stephen you are too kind! Thanks for listening...Next months is MUCH more simple as a matter of fact...it will be very easy to critique!!

Regards, John
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to your tune John. Its nice and pleasent to listen but I'm not sure whether I can make any constructive comments for now...need to give it some more time, I think.
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful, John! I loved the piano runs and ornaments, the harmonies which became more and more beautiful as the piece went along, till the
wonderful "moment", the slight pause, and then the gentle ending.

As someone said, there are no music problems here, just problems of production and mixing. I noticed that the bass string line was very blurry in places, and can only suggest that you should try recording this line on a separate track. Do you do this already? Not sure how the 01w works...

Thank you for sharing your very sad news about your son here at OSAM. I hope you continue to write music and share with us and that it brings you comfort and healing.

Regards from
Dee
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sewa and Dee...I believe I have an improvement in the parts ..(see my comments in another thread under this main heading of OSAM if you get a little time...)

Remember...I am poorly equipped and am my own worst enemy..and yes Dee, I do just run the tracks on the keyboard and adjust them as little as possible..I just keep trying to write things without doing any real event and line edits...I generally just take out bad notes...

Thats why I am interested in the Sibelius..as I used it at college last year...It just is so slow to write with...I just play this stuff in a sitting for each track at real time...and it is more fun...

Here I have gone back, and corrected the PAN and it is better...I have a few other ideas from Jon and will try to change the posting later...and maybe get at least a few to run enough of it to see if I helped!!! I also helped a bit on the parts dropping...That happens of course, when I have too much going on...it just drops some notes..

Thanks for listening...will be in touch!! John (ellll) Rolling Eyes
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!

I'm a bit late on this...
Well, the piece is great, and to be honest, when I read that the tunes want to capture some particular feelings taken from a unique moment (like being on the seaside with your girl) I try not to listen to sounds, but to FEEL the sound...
I think music must talk to heart, ears are just a way to let the sound arrive where it has to...so, as I'm agree with the fact that mix has some problems, I think that the tune express what John had in his mind, so for me it's great.

BTW, I'm so sad for you and your family, I agree with jazlover when he saied that we never understand enough how blessed we are.

Thanks a lot for your words John, I've so much to learn from all you, guys!

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Diego, for such kind words!

Indeed, I do write, (or whatever it is I do..) with the emotions...but it leaves me wanting so often. I never seem to meet an inner memory of what I was "hearing inside", when I wrote...or improvised the music...whichever I do, (as I do write down scores for piano in advance sometimes...very labor intensive...)

Perhaps it is a matter of acceptance, but I am willing to learn, and Jon has made some really valid points..(see the heading under OSAM, but about my mix...) I will try a bit on my April......

In the meantime, I have cleaned this up a good bit and will re-post sometime...suffice to say, while it still is surely not even slightly approaching commercial...it is better, even to my ears, with a little additional editing..something I don't do a lot of...

Believe me, I have learned here on this forum...and I decided to do some more of same..so here I am!!!

Thanks for your support, and kind words for my family...This will develop into a solid, close-understanding group, I do believe!!

My Best...John (ellll) Rolling Eyes
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear the sad news John.
What a lovely flow and connection this piece has, I really love the orchestration (and other parts).
Nice to hear some 'ellll' chord changes and ideas, a great osam start.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cordial,

Thanks for your nice thoughts, and your comments on the song. I am hoping to get more open in writing these things...and got some good advice...but it's hard for me...I just sit down and think...then play..usually...

But I CANNOT seem to write in the more familiar song form that all expect on this kind of forum...I am trying...but don't be surprised, you guys, if I fail on popular genres....

My Regards!!! John (ellll) Rolling Eyes
unimon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Your first song Reply with quote

Hello John,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Life is so precious, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that you too decided to join in this round of OSAM. You've gotten off to a leaping start; nice material and very skillfully performance.
Regards,
Tom
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends...

Repaired somewhat (see my notes on the orig post.) if any has time to listen...

ellll Rolling Eyes
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is less dropout than I remember. I keep forgetting to save the download after listening so I can compare. I still hear a few after a long piano run.

But the ending is much cleaner.

I know it pains you to remove notes. Wink

The end results of hard work are always a good payoff! keep up the good work.

Jon

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: