Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my Kaossilator Woot! It's taking youtube by storm alread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krusty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Got my Kaossilator Woot! It's taking youtube by storm alread Reply with quote

Below is the review I posted at sweetwater.com from where I just got mine...Note immediately below is a tip I had in my review which they edited out for some reason,ha!

Tip:

Hurry! Order your Koassilator for yourself, then go to Amazon or ebay a belly dancing instructional DVD and finger cymbals (zills), a costume and jewelry as part of your valtentine day's gifts for your
wife/girl friend/partner, ha!
Then you both will enjoy many pleasant (hopefully erotic, I am not making this up,Ha!) evenings of yourself accompanying your partner as she dances for you on your Kaossilator via its several
raga, arabic and egyptian scales!
Just got my Kaossilator K01 this week from www.sweetwater.com
Here now is my review as posted on sweetwater.com

Definitely NOT a cheap sounding toy!
Many true analog classic synth sounds..such as authentic minimoog/taurus basses, leads and sweeps.
Even all the amazing actual Korg Triton pcm sounds
have via great korg analog modeling, analog richness!
Yes you can reliably hit the desired notes via easily
set dozens of scales in any key..Dial up the major blues or minor blues scale, set the key of choice and wow! Nice brushed aluminum faceplate, quality build! go to reverbnation.com (free legal music site)
look up 'The Yellow Album' by award winning film composer David Kibler..all tracks just Kaossilator recorded dry and be blown away! Listening to him and watching the over a dozen (more every day) youtube videos will convince you just how powerfull and usefull this wonder is! Some youtube vids show it in action coupled with a Korg Kaoss pad 3 or minipad.
Don't be put off by the only 2 measure loop memory..as you can easily build/edit full length songs by simply plugging it into your pc/mac and record with whatever software you already use..
Once again all the sounds are so fat and useable you won't be embarrased to use live on stage..Again the basses are so good you could easily fill in for one, ect..Finall tip..Manual states battery ( 4 AA) as 5
hours..Buy at walmart ect..the latest generation of rechargable nickel hydride batteries the Rayovac Hybrid AA's..rugged high capacity with the big advantage they hold full charge for months when not being used.(other brands will go dead in a couple weeks)..so you won't be caught with a dead Kaossilator when in a rush for a impromptu jam.
BTW if you have very thick fingers and have trouble hitting just one note..simply tap with your finger nail..in some youtube vids owners are using those fingernail style guitar/banjo picks..
I forgot to mention all the sounds have great Y axis
performance modulation of some sort..great LP filter cutoff sweep and or great analog delay/echo or phasing!! Best $200 ever spent! Well worth the price..
these are destined to be as beloved as vintage Minimoogs! and are far more powerfull and musical!
I am not making this up!
decrepitude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An album of music - all done on it.

http://the-palm-sound.blogspot.com/2008/01/kaossilator-album.html
Argus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I have to say, I had my doubts about how seriously I could take the Kaossilator, but your review just tipped the scales quite a bit. I'm still waiting for my store to restock then so I can try one out myself, but I will definitely consider getting one now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: