Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice/weird program transitions!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scab Righteous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Nice/weird program transitions! Reply with quote

I've been running some dub-loops through the KP3 and I must say there is a very nice feature/bug/behavior that is not really explained in the manual.

When switching from one program to another, there is a nice change in the way the new program behaves when it first kicks in.

O.K. try this.

Set up a delay, try DLY16, and save it with hold on. Now when you choose that program memory, the delay kicks in automatically without you touching the pad because the hold button is set on. Listen to that delay, it's in the center of the mix, it's not panning or anything, that's just the kind of delay it is.

Now set up another memory with a synth patch in it. Don't use the hold key, just save it. When you are set on this patch, do nothing, don't touch the pad. (treat it as an effects mute for your delay).

Now choose the delay - voila! The delays pan in from both the left and right slowly moving toward the center of the mix, where they will stay for the rest of time, until you choose that synth patch again, and back to the delay for more nice delay panning/phasing action.

This is really weird, but nice!

I'm gonna experiment with other patches to see what they are doing to the mix when leading into a delay. Certainly the synth patch is not panning my original signal in any way. Perhaps it's delay setting is panning, and even though I don't use the synth, those delays have to slowly 'merge' into the delay patch chosen afterward.

I like it.
decrepitude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info - gotta try this one.

Er, interesting nickname btw...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: