Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROKORG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roland.19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROKORG! Reply with quote

I am setting up my Microkorg to interface MIDI with my PC through a MOTU microlite. I am conencting the IN from the Korg to the OUT on the MOTU, and vice versa.

When I load up the Microkorg sounjd editor, no matter what I do, it will not recognize the device.

When I look at the MOTU, only the MIDI IN Light is lit, and the outs are all blank.

I have followed all of the directions, but cannot get it to work.

My question is, how am I supposed to figure out if the IN on my Microkorg is bad, or if its the OUT on the MOTU?

Please help me!
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all connections AGAIN.

Sounds silly, but you have to really look closely at the connections.
Sometimes I swear I have it hooked up right and the settings for IN and OUT between the software and hardware and editor mis-match.

'specially on any MIDI device. Sometimes the MIDI ports are not in a logical order.

When you change settings in the MicroKorg editor, the Microlite OUT port should light up showing activity. It should be transmitting program changes TO the MicroKorg. And that light should be the same port your microkorg is connected to...

Matter of fact (PC at least) the editor does a check in beginning and should have given you a warning if the settings are problematic.
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And try messing around with a patch and saving it...
Should get a warning there about your midi connections...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: