Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doesn't this bother anyone KP3? Effect always ON on ALL Pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonny123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Doesn't this bother anyone KP3? Effect always ON on ALL Pads Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
maybe some one can help.
I just bought a KP3 yestderday and there is one thing I really dislike about the KP3. Any effect changes on the pad allways affects all 4 pads.

I would like to run a bass drum and H-hat on Pad one, and a sequence I would like to fiddle with on pad 2. Every time I modify the effect on the pad 2, the BD on pad 1 is also affected. Is there a way to just modify the effects on the "current" pad only? If not, I would consider this a major problem, since I do not want to modify all 4 pads at the same time. Hoepfully, I am just missing somehting. Otherwise this unit would - for me- become almost usless.

Thanks for any help
maako

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are thinking of:
Code:
9. We know that we have a 4 channel touch screen mixer for the volume (see #7). How about a a similar thing to assign the current effect to only one, two or three of the four banks?
Just vocoding on the D pad, or LFO on A & C pad only, not all of them at the same time.
Or how about FX on input only?
I know you can record the pad motion and resample the loop/one shot, but sometimes you might want to improvise something on the input or some of the banks.

It's on the Wish list for the v2.5 KP3 update..?
Yeah, there is a few things to improve on the KP3. I'm sure the good people of Korg had a lot of things to think of when they put this gadget together.. and when they updated the OS..
But there's more things this unit can do. Very Happy
didjeko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a wonderful improvement.
but, bonny123, it's written in the documentation that the pad affects all the sounds that passes into the kp (all, I mean the micro or line input + the banks), so, it's event if you call it a major problem, it's a specification...
bonny123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the answers. I took it as a given, that you are able to decide if you want or do not want add effects to any of the pads.

I just can't believe that it is not possible to have this choice. I would consider this a major flaw in the KP3 and his shoudl have been changed in the latest update. Sad

thanks again for the info !
didjeko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some kind of way, I agree with you, the lack of the feature you demand can be considered as a lack of an essential functionnality.
you know, it took a lot of time for Korg to understand and implement that a sample has to be triggered at its begining when you press a key ;-o) and this was a truly true bug.

This last point really made me wonder :
a - it was impossible to play a sample at its beginning when pressing the corresponding key, making the kaoss pad nearly unplayable
b - the hability to parametrize & parametrize & parametrize the way the pad flashes when you DON'T play is implemented since the beginning - such an essential feature had not been forgotten, by chance

So, let's wait & loop meanwhile
quizàs
quizàs
quizàs
Zedius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only so much processing power in this beast, I'm sure. I believe it would be possible to mute effects on certain samples, but it wouldn't necessarily even be possible to have lfo on one and granulate another, any more than it would be to stack all the effects.
maako

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Do not underestimate the power of the dark Kaoss Pad III
subVert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KP3 is really a machine with an identity crisis. I picked it up mainly as a production tool to mangle sound and record the output with my recording software. I also DJ, but I still haven't used it in the dj world.

Where it seems to fail for most people is when you try to use it as a self contained tool where you are using for sampling on the fly and then blending up to 4 samples together to create something new in a live enviornment.

I suppose that with enough practice, I can be as good as some of those youtube videos out there, but I'm not confident enough with the unit to pull it off.

Having an effect bypass on a pad would be a must if I were doing everything live with the KP3, but since I haven't used it that way, I haven't missed that feature.

If there is ever a KP4 someday, I wonder if it will attempt to keep it's Korg identity as a dj tool or it will jump into the studio world. Maybe it can be like the Virus TI and come with vst plugin so that the hardware can function like a software effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: