Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

beginners question about 'hold'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: beginners question about 'hold' Reply with quote

Hi

I've just got a microkrg off ebay. I'm a guitarist and don't have any experience with synths, (apart from absynth software synth). I previously recorded some material which consisted of guitar, acoustic instruments and absynth software synth to create drones and texture.

I now wish to play this live. Thing is what I intend to do is set up my synth on stage with some pre-prepared patches and literally just hit a key or a chord to trigger a pad sound and let that play while I'm playing guitar.

Thing is can't figure out to 'hold' the sound from the synth. Basically when I use absynth, there is a button called hold. Is there a way to do this on the microkorg? Sorry if its a really dumb question and I have looked in the manual but it's a bit overwhelming to me at the moment!!!
powers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: beginners question about 'hold' Reply with quote

maha wrote:

Thing is can't figure out to 'hold' the sound from the synth. Basically when I use absynth, there is a button called hold. Is there a way to do this on the microkorg? Sorry if its a really dumb question and I have looked in the manual but it's a bit overwhelming to me at the moment!!!

Have you tried a loop station or using the built in Latch Mode? Latch lets you play something and then it'll loop. Otherwise you'd want a trigger step. Like a preprogrammed sampler/trigger. You can record all the synth s**t beforehand using your micro korg, and get something like a padKontrol, and it will play back your loops.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sKitsOo88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its possible on the Microkorg. On Edit select Knob 2, turn it to ARP B. Now the 1st knob at the top (cutoff) turn it until it says on, what this will do is hold whatever key you hit. Also make sure the ARP is on <---do this 1st.
KORG TR61
PRO TOOLS LE 7.3
adamitron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have mine in front of me but in one of the arp sections there is the gate time and setting that to 100 will give it that more droning noise as opposed to the quick hits playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: