Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator........ III

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k-tk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator........ III Reply with quote

Look korg,

minikp : kaosspad3 = kaossilator : X

X is what I need...... I really need X

oh please, korg, please.......

Very Happy
k-tk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, c'mon, is not that hard job to get done!
Take a Kaossilator with all its scale/key settings, synth sounds and loop recording than add:

1)...of course...midi
2) poly...fingers to make chords and trigger a real arpeggiator
3) a real arpeggiator!
4) sampling and resampling
5) storing and reading from card
Argus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right, a Kaossilator 3 would be awesome.

it would also be nice if you could choose what parameter to alter with the y-axis... such as being able to choose from some of the obvious choices such as cutoff, resonance, delay, reverb and so forth.
k-tk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argus wrote:
you're right, a Kaossilator 3 would be awesome.

it would also be nice if you could choose what parameter to alter with the y-axis... such as being able to choose from some of the obvious choices such as cutoff, resonance, delay, reverb and so forth.

...yesssss....and waveform, modulation, vco etc analog synth like!!!
Argus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell, while they're at it, they might as well make the thing one giant touchscreen so you can visually see the parameters you're altering. of course that would be sacrificing the portability.

I've been wanting to try out a Kaossilator for a while now, but it's out of stock everywhere, at least in Austria. but people who've used it tell me it's more of a toy than a serious instrument. what do you think? can it be used for production or at least as an addition to live DJing?
k-tk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argus wrote:
hell, while they're at it, they might as well make the thing one giant touchscreen so you can visually see the parameters you're altering. of course that would be sacrificing the portability.

I've been wanting to try out a Kaossilator for a while now, but it's out of stock everywhere, at least in Austria. but people who've used it tell me it's more of a toy than a serious instrument. what do you think? can it be used for production or at least as an addition to live DJing?

Well it has no midi, so there's just no way to merge it inside a daw, there's no way to expand its own 100 sounds, it's sampling capability is a mere 8 bars so you can't even consider that a microcomposer..... no I believe it's a toy....
but at the same time it's pure genious!
And that's why I don't understand korg is not making a pro version!
Of course you could look at tenorion or at monome with a notebook but none of them has the same "right here right now" feeling that kaossilator has....with just few adds, let's say even just midi and a bigger memory, it could be the ultimate composer/performer tool!
Argus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you think about using it in combination with an ESX? that way I could sample the individual parts and be a lot more flexible with live sequencing.

like I said, I'm looking into it as an addition to my DJing. I'm not sure that would be worth all the trouble though, since sampling/sequencing/playing the Kaossilator AND the Electribe AND DJing at the same time would require a few more limbs than I have.

what do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k-tk wrote:

1).....
2) poly...fingers to make chords and trigger a real arpeggiator
3) a real arpeggiator!

Yes I feel you on this too!

Firstly let me say how much the Kaossilator is great Exclamation
and the £100 I spent on the Kaossilator is definately worth it.
But I too was not happy about the Kaossilator claim about it having an Arpeggiator
(when really it needs your 'Fingers to do the Dancing'/Arpeggiat-ing, while it is triggered by a 'Note Gate Trigger').

The 'Finger Dancing Technique' triggering of the notes mentioned above, as I have Christened it, is still very snazzy on its own however, as it usually achieves nice random acts of sexy weirdness, so this should not be lost as a feature!
Arrow So, when/if the KORG team do actually put a proper Arp' on it, it would be fabulous to have a simple switch to 'toggle between' Note Gate Triggering and Arpeggiating...Aaaahhhh, that would be so very nice Smile
k-tk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argus wrote:
what do you think about using it in combination with an ESX? that way I could sample the individual parts and be a lot more flexible with live sequencing.

like I said, I'm looking into it as an addition to my DJing. I'm not sure that would be worth all the trouble though, since sampling/sequencing/playing the Kaossilator AND the Electribe AND DJing at the same time would require a few more limbs than I have.

what do you think?

Of course you can sample kaossilator..... or if you do laptop djing using something like ableton live that let you know in which key your music is playin' you can also select the same key in kaossilator and "scratch" on screen in tune with your music!
Yes, I guess that it'd be a nice "live touch add" for a dj! Very Happy
k-tk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argus wrote:

what do you think?

hey, my friend.....look at this! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.aqi.co.jp/product/ds10/en/index.html
dayuri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drool.

Japan only? Why Japan only? Cardinal sin, though I'm presuming its possible to get it ordered? Its cheap too! Only $48 USD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: