Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Floppy drive for T1 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Floppy drive for T1 ? Reply with quote

My T1 has been in the shop for 2 1/2 months waiting to be fixed. It took the shop 1 month to get to it and parts (floppy drive) have been on order for 6 weeks.

I requested the shop to check with Korg about the drive and I'm told it's on backorder and it will take another 6 weeks. When I asked if it could turn up as not available the shop said that was always possible.

The shop tells me it was a special proprietary drive.

Can anyone at Korg tell me if these drives are still available through them or if something different can be substituted for the original drive?

Can anyone else tell me if they found a solution to this problem?

Ken
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a replacement drive for the T1. There is a post on this subforum about Korg drives that references Studio 66 in Janesville, WI.

They apparently build new drives for many older models & brands and it looks they may have a few other things as well.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's what.

If any one here has experience with them, please let me know how things went.

Ken
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

For all you thousands who care, you can find many different make and model keyboard floppy drives at the route 66 studio, in Janesville WI.

I ordered one for my T1 today, these are made up new and are not refurbished. They tell they have never had to replace any drives they've made.

I'll be sure to let y'all know how it turns out.

Ken
Tiayviel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, mate:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: