Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner at this whole microkorg/synth stuff, need help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7eight9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Beginner at this whole microkorg/synth stuff, need help! Reply with quote

I'm planning on buying a microkorg as they go pretty cheap, but I was wondering how many/what kinds of "realistic" sounding instruments there are (I know its a basic synth, so there aren't much "real" instrument sounds in there) and if there are any separate things i'm supposed to buy for the microkorg.

Thanks!
krazy78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The only other thing you will need with the MK is either an amp ,
speakers or head phones.
As for sounds, the MK has 128 programs (sounds) mainly synth,
all editable & all 128 sounds can be overwritten, but if youre looking for "realistic" souunds (guitars, pianos, sax etc..) look for an alternative such as korg X50, korg MicroX
7eight9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but i was just wondering how many, if there are any realistic sounds on the synth. I heard there was at least one..?
krazy78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "realistic" sounds on the MK so to speak,
its more of a synthesiser..
BUT , there is DWGS waveforms pianos, clavs, organs, bells, guitar etc..
they are more digital sounding, hardly sound like real instruments, but very unique sounding & can be programmed to sound different.
ronP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7eight9 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but i was just wondering how many, if there are any realistic sounds on the synth. I heard there was at least one..?

The microKorg's organs -- B24, A56, B55, B56 -- are quite authentic. You can also cut the Release and dampen the Cutoff on the string patch B68 and switch the Octave Key down to its green or yellow setting to get a nice cello sound. B41 can be modified into a pretty realistic flute, and A55 can be tweaked to approximate a variety of classic electric pianos.

Try the above patches and mess with the Cutoff, Resonance, Attack, and Release performance knobs. Once you have these sound shaping concepts down, you can enter the Matrix and really dig deep. Best place to start there is with the waveforms in OSC 1 -- DWGS -- these can be hours of fun, and as other posters have indicated, you can get a lot of clean, percussive, acoustic sounds from there.

Smile

powers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to guitar center, demo one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: