Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI routing help please, advanced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trypset

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: MIDI routing help please, advanced Reply with quote

Ok this is what I have......

Live 6
Korg ES-1 mkII Rhythm Sampler (MIDI IN/OUT/THRU)
Korg microKorg Synth (MIDI IN/OUT/THRU)
1 MIDI patch cable
1 EDIROL UM-1 (MIDI->USB it has one for MIDI IN and one for OUT)

I want to send MIDI from both of these on different channels to Live so I can control live with their MIDI capabilities. I have MIDI-OX and MIDI YOKE installed. And i have worked around the NRPN issue of my sampler converting them all to CC#'s. Is there any way to send MIDI out from both of these to live? What would be the best most efficient way to hook this up? Do i need more patch cables or a better USB MIDI interface? Also how does MIDI THRU work on hardware? I don't quite understand how to hook it up to pass THRU?
bcallison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you want to have two input devices, you need something that combines the input like the MIDI Solutions MIDI Merger.

Usually you don't need more than one input to the computer, but if you're using it for the convenience of not having to switch out the cables all the time I understand. I have a MOTU micro lite with 5 inputs for that purpose...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: