Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero4 / 8 New Drivers part 2 Download V 1.60: add more fixes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reggmail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Zero4 / 8 New Drivers part 2 Download V 1.60: add more fixes Reply with quote

Thank you Korg for the support. Very Happy Smile Very Happy Laughing Sad
Maybe we could start a thread to suggest some issues that we like to see Korg / Japan work on for the next OS upgrade, some company's like Yamaha

http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1,2,4&Board=MotifXS&Number=392104&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

would conduct a survey and are asking for user input, hopefully more company's will fallow suite.
Who knows, we are the end users......... and nothing beats a failure but a try. To be directed to dowload site, click below.

Zero 8 / 4 New Drivers 1.60 Download: More fixes.

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=620

Version1.6 Upgrades

Details of each Feature

1. Better Integration with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS TRAKTOR Scratch.
Version 1.6 provides the ability to use time coded CDs in addition to time coded vinyl, and either can be effortlessly set up.
Simply connect your turntables or CD players to your ZERO4 / 8 and connect the ZERO4 / 8 to your computer. * TRAKTOR Scratch is an optional component.

2. Automatic MIDI Clock Slave Function
ZERO4 / 8 can now slave to MIDI clock from host applications and hardware instruments alike. ZERO4 / 8 recognizes incoming MIDI Clock from Firewire MIDI or MIDI input automatically, which provides perfect sync of internal effects and the loop sampler. When slaving to incoming MIDI clock, the BPM indicator will read “EXT”. Additionally, if the MIDI clock signal is interrupted for an extended period, the Zero4 / 8 will switch to the internal clock.
[Note] Auto BPM will not function when MIDI clock is received.

3. Re-trigger Loop Sampler
The new Re-trigger function enables you to reset the start point of a loop sample. Simply press the KEEP button while LOOP PLAY or GATE PLAY is engaged. The update also allows you to toggle between LOOP PLAY and GATE PLAY by pressing one or the other.

4. Higher gain on Line Inputs
A +12dB pre gain has been added to the LINE input when LINE is selected via the INPUT SELECTOR knob. This allows for better gain adjustment when lower level devices are connected. In addition, the max. input level of the LINE terminal will be 10 dB.

5. The Cue balance curve has been adjusted for more consistent monitoring.
To improve cue monitoring, the level balance curve of CUE and MASTER for the MONITOR BAL knob has been that the CUE and MASTER volume levels reach the maximum level when the knob is centered.

6. When CUE SPLIT is ON, the MASTER side of the level meter has been changed to Pre Fader. When CUE SPLIT is ON, the master level indicator, on the right side of the master level meter has been changed to pre (master) fader level.

7. MUTE operation has been changed when AUDIO+MIDI is selected.
The MUTE operation has been changed so that the FX ON/MUTE switch can be used as a MIDI controller by tilting it to the MUTE side when AUDIO+MIDI is selected. With this new setting, the sound will not be muted.

8. A MONITOR FILTER has been added
A filter for cutting high notes and super deep notes has been added to the headphone output. This makes monitoring via the headphones easy in loud locations like a DJ setup.

Peace & blessings.
djORFEO.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: thnx Reply with quote

respect!
risquedj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. A MONITOR FILTER has been added
A filter for cutting high notes and super deep notes has been added to the headphone output. This makes monitoring via the headphones easy in loud locations like a DJ setup.

So has anyone performed the 1.6 update yet? I'm a little weary of this new 'monitor filter'. I mean, I want louder headphone monitoring as much as the next, but being that I primarily spin DnB & Dubstep, I kind of rely on the lower ended bass for cueing up mixes. Has anyone noticed if this new feature inhibits their ability to sync up bass frequencies prior to the mix in?

djgorkhali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried it so many times that I am tried of trying to upgrade my new zero4 mixer. I have used 2 different computers so far.

IMHO I am tired of this mixer, I have just written to the store I bought this from. If they will exchange this for something else.

I was so excited to get this mixer, I was blind at all other mixers.

KORG proved me wrong, I read JAYO's reviews in ProDjForums and thought this could be a solid mixer, but what a dissapointment, nothing but complaints from zero owners. total disaster

I am not going to touch another Korg mixer with a 10 ft. pole.

I saved for a long time to buy this mixer, and I got robbed by Korg. Korg shattered my hope's of getting a good mixer, should have bought a pioneer, atleast nobody is complaining about them.
Reggmail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Calm down: don;t jump from the frying pan into the fire. Reply with quote

Every new peace of gear that comes out usually have problems in one form or another. DJ gear, Cars, LCD's, Phones, Keyboards, so on and so on.

Mostly every peace of equipment that's produced go through basic testing in shop before mass production.
It's a different story once it gets to the consumer and get the on the job test.
We end users, put equipment under so many different scenarios and some may be not tested until it gets to us.
I can almost guarantee you that any gear that you Google in ( Problems / issues with ________ ) you will get lots of hits, just fill in the blank.
The Zero mixers are on the top of the line when it comes to features, and so far support from Korg on some of the beginning issues that they had, lots was salved and more would probably be salved in the near future.
At least they are responding, they may be slow but it beats a blank.

Lots of times some of the problems are how we use the product, lack of knowledge on our part.
My advise is to ride this mixer out, don't jump from the frying pan into the fire.
Calm down and ride it out, you will see that it will work for you in the end.

If using a Mac.
The ZERO4 system update requires a Firewire cable and computer with the
update downloaded. Your system must be Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher.
At present, the updater is not compatible with OS X 10.4.10. It has been successfully tested for use in OS x 10.4.9 and OS X 10.5

PC running Windows XP for using the PC to install or download the Mac specific OS versions ( OS X 10.3.9 or higher except OS X 10.4.10 but you could use OS X 10.4.9 and OS 10.5 if you will use a Mac to install it into your Zero 4. info is at the Korg sight about using XP with SP2 download.

Windows SP2 firewire issues.

When you get a chance go by your PC or Mac make sure that the original drivers are installed on the computer and connecting fine.
Could you use Ableton Live or a DAW, that means that your firewire connections and basic drivers are communicating with your computer.

After all that's been confirmed try upgreading it again and if it still doesn't work
call Korg 9:00 AM and before 5:00 PM EST
Max is a cool guy, ask if he or someone could walk you through this upgrade process. Phone # (631) 390-8737.
Please let us know what the problem was so that the next time we encounter something like this, we will know what to look for and have an idea on what to suggest.

Although this is frustrating, machines are picky at times, relax...we are smarter and you will get this situation solved one way or another.
PM me if needed.
Peace & blessings.
Reggmail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Time away, can somtimes do you good. Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, for frustration buildup take some time to get away from your equipment for awhile, calm down for a few hours, if you need to go to work (Job) it's all good, it relieves the frustration and keep you from throwing the mixer against the wall. Lol
If you have a wife or girl let her know that you left your equipment alone for awhile to be with and spend some time with her, that's the best way to deposit goodies in your account...if you know what I mean. Lol

I believe that anyone who has been in this business for any length of time have been where you are now at one time or another.
I have had some equipment the I read the manual over and over, called the company and some would take day's to return your call then when they finally do it's on a Friday and you wasn't there to answered the call, so now your stuck another weekend working on the same problem....in other word I feel your pain. I've been there done that many many times.
To top it all off sometimes I found that it was something so little that I was overlooking, so now you feel embarrassed and say to yourself, I must be an idiot not to do that simple thing, but don't kick youeself.
Than on the other hand, some company's put out equipment that just don't deliver ( company's at fault) and that's not the case with this mixer.

After you get this thing resolved, your friends will be taking back the mixer they got and triad it in for the Zero 4 / 8.Lol
One good thing in all of this is that if they have an upgrade problem, you will be the expert at it. Lol
So again when you get home take a deep breath and let's get busy.

Okay even before you get to step one 1. - 3. uninstall every Korg software first, on PC it's add remove programs, get it all out of there in case something may have gotten corrupted in the process.
start off with a whole new set of drivers from scratch.

After every removal of each program and also when you do an install of each program as well, two very important things to remember
1. make sure that no other program is running like virus protections.
2.'' turn the computer off and back on'' (reinitialize / reboot it) that makes sure that drivers are placed, properly installed and ready for use.

OK, now lets look at step 4. - 7. after you make sure that your drivers are working properly by checking using Ableton or a DAW, ( that will confirm that your drivers are working properly and firewire is sending audio like it should to your computer and software.)

This next step is where I was making my error and getting the timed out message at first.
make sure that in your [setting midi] dialog box, setting midi
(out port) Zero midi out 2 ( in port) Zero midi out 2
This is important, (Detect device automatically) and (Use only Korg midi drivers) and (skip version check)
has a place where you could leave a check, before you press (OK) make sure that nothing is checked.
again, leave all boxes blank [NOTHING SHOULD BE CHECKED BEFORE YOU PRESS [OK] I left a check in a box and thats what caused my time out error.

After that I clicked update, you will see now updating old software version numbers to new software version on the gray installer box, after about five minutes loading the new update.

When it's done the [ Now updating...writing] stop flashing and it will say [Update Completed!]

Next power off your Zero mixer, unplug the firewire cable, turn the mixer back on to (confirm) see that new software version is in.
Turn the mixer back off, plug your firewire cable back in then fire up as useal
and your good to go

If you can't get it after that call Korg and have them walk you through this process, they are helpful with this type of problem. # (631)390-8737 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

You could also PM me I will get back with you, sorry if I am delayed at times I'm very busy but I do answer and check periodically for messages.
We will resolve this problem.
Peace & blessings.
Reggmail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Jayo at proDJforum makes a good point. Reply with quote

Jayo at proDJforum.com made a point about screen savers.
http://www.prodjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5049

It would be better to disable or reset your screen savor with more time like 60 min or something before it engages, I believe that would be better than of moving your mouse around while downloading or installing any software.
If you are doing a recording and you go get a drink and the screen saver or sleep mode comes on, it could desterb your program causing all kinds of unstableness to your project.

Screen savers was meant for CRT Cath Ray Tube monitors, that's the old TV type picture tube, if left with a picture and no movement for a paired of time it would burn the left on screen image to the picture tub, damaging the set.

Now or days we are using LCD's liquid Crystal Displays that hardly ever burn, some experts would say never burn.
I have left mine on for hours with very sharp images on the screen, no screen savers and have never experienced any problems what so ever. ( Plasmas will burn)
I have even done this with my 60'' LCD playing the Wii, Playstation 3, and the Xbox 360, left on for hours, the game machines go dim after a period of time if left unattended but all and all, no problem.

It's ok, if you have a LCD monitor to set your screen saver for 60 minuets or more, the same with sleep mode and power on your computer.
If your using a CRT type of TV monitor 60 minuets should be OK as long as you are not using any video intensive video game system on it with no movement for a long period of time.

For PC's it's My Computer, Control Panel / or Chang a Setting, Display you will get your Display Property Box, chose the Screen Saver Tab, then go to Wait and Chang that time to more time then look lower to power and arrange that one also.

This would keep you from moving your mouse during crucial jobs like downloading and installing programs where any movement or other running programs at that time could be detrimental.

Hope this helps.
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An LCD can get burn-in. I have it on mine at home from Internet Explorer since the toolbars stay the same when surfing the web.
Reggmail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: LCD image persistence can be fixed. Burn Not. Reply with quote

subterFUSE wrote:
An LCD can get burn-in. I have it on mine at home from Internet Explorer since the toolbars stay the same when surfing the web.
Confused Confused Confused Confused

Quote from my earlier post. Surprised Surprised

''Now or days we are using LCD's liquid Crystal Displays that hardly ever burn, some experts would say never burn.''

Cnet Burning plasma's
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6844370-1.html?tag=feat.1

Click below: LCD vs. Plasma
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-of7Sd1O5can/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html

Click below: Widescreen Gamer - LCD Image "Screen Burn" on Dell 2005FPW
http://www.widescreengamer.com/articles/lcd_image_screen_burn_on_dell_2005fpw.html

Click below: Avoiding image persistence on Apple LCD displays
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88343

I would take my LCD back if it Burned, as I mentioned in my earlier post LCD's Hardly ever burn, some EXPORTS would say never burn.
LCD (image persistence) usually can be fixed with a white screen, it's not a Burn.
Burns are permanent and usually can't be repaired or a vary expensive repair usually by changing the picture tub. LCD's don't have tubs.
most older flat displays that give you a basic green screen with black writing, ( some calculators and those sorts of things) most of us used for years are LCD's, how many do you have that are burned with an image engraved on the display?

In over twenty years that I used LCD's and I've left images on the screen for quite some time and never experienced any burning problem, ever.
I own five of them today.

Also, when I post here it's to try to help someone, it's not to get into a debate to try to prove that you or anyone's wrong. I believe that's a waste of time and it's counter productive (on this particular issue.) I do at times welcome healthy productive debates, this topic is just not one.
I don't just give my opinion but I try an supply other links for people to do their own research and gain knowledge.
So although I may not agree with your above approach, I would respectfully and humbly offer a solution to try an help.

The above links would give you some things that you could try if you have an (image persistence) problem on your LCD. Note that if you are downloading or installing any software that takes time to render or install or recording, mixdowns, Video etc, my recommendation is to temporarily disable it or reset to a longer period of time before it engages.
Any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to PM me.
Hope this helps.
Peace & blessings.
djgorkhali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Problem Solved read it!!!! Reply with quote

Ok Guy's
This is how I was getting the problem

I tried changing computer's and installed the drivers again.

1. I checked my firmware and downloaded the new one from the internet.
2. I tried using the updater, I followed everything and changed it to
midi in 2 and midi out 2
3. I choose the 1.6.vsb file
4. when I was doing update, halfway through, the screen on KORG would
go dark and I would receive the following error
5. receiving error(timeout)

There was another step that I had missed

THIS WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM.

1. Before powering your Zero, Press and hold "Keep" and "ch 2" below
the display (SYS.U will start blinking). Once this start's blinking than
you would go to the first step on the top.

****You can't update your firmware if SYS.U is not blinking on your screen..

And now Enjoy your Zero4
djORFEO.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: KZ8 update v1.60 Reply with quote

The update is not compatible with OS X 10.4.11 !!!
Reggmail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Zero mixer for mac was OS X 10.3.9 or higher. Reply with quote

Hello my brother djORFEO.com

Here is some information from an earlier post that may help clarify some information about certain Apple OS systems using the Zero mixer software.
Below is also a phone number that you could call to get more specific information on the subject if, and as needed.
Hope this helps.

(Korg Zero 4 preliminary review by jayo ) Thread # 438 at ProDjforum
This information was taken from an earlier post when using a Mac.

When using a PC, or Mac I believe you would need the first firewire drivers installed before you try to update.

When you tried using the Dell PC windows XP, did you load the original Firewire drivers ( from the disk that came with your Zero Mixer first?

If using a Mac.
The ZERO4 system update requires a Firewire cable and computer with the
update downloaded. Your system must be Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher.
At present, the updater is not compatible with OS X 10.4.10. It has been successfully tested for use in OS x 10.4.9 and OS X 10.5

PC running Windows XP for using the PC to install or download the Mac specific OS versions ( OS X 10.3.9 or higher except OS X 10.4.10 but you could use OS X 10.4.9 and OS 10.5 if you will use a Mac to install it into your Zero 4. info is at the Korg sight about using XP with SP2 download.

Windows SP2 firewire issues.

When you get a chance go by your PC or Mac make sure that the original drivers are installed on the computer and connecting fine.
Could you use Ableton Live or a DAW, that means that your firewire connections and basic drivers are communicating with your computer.

After all that's been confirmed try upgreading it again and if it still doesn't work
call Korg 9:00 AM and before 5:00 PM EST
Max is a cool guy, ask if he or someone could walk you through this upgrade process. Phone # (631) 390-8737.
Please let us know what the problem was so that the next time we encounter something like this, we will know what to look for and have an idea on what to suggest.

Although this is frustrating, machines are picky at times, relax...we are smarter and than the machine and you will get this situation solved one way or another.
PM me if needed.
Peace & blessings.
Reggmail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: KZ8 update v1.60 Reply with quote

djORFEO.com wrote:
The update is not compatible with OS X 10.4.11 !!!

Hello djorfeo,
I contacted Korg today and got confirmation that Mac OS X 10.4.11 is compatible with the Zero mixers.
If you have any additional questions, always feel free to contact Korg US by email or phone.
They are very friendly and will try to help resolve your issue.
Hope that helps.
Peace & blessings.
skratchworx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much messing around, I managed to update this Zero4 to v1.6 under 10.5.2.

I would try under the beta 10.5.3 but there are issues unrelated to audio that means I won't be upgrading just yet.
djORFEO.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: everything **OK** Reply with quote

with MACBOOKPRO OSX10.4.11 >> update v1.60 **OK**
---
p.s.:
i have tried other times but without positive success.. during update process ...the same dialog box with the same mistake
"sorry, please retry" ...and then press update again to restart the update.
Then I closed all applications (safari/iTunes/bluetooth/Airport/...)
and upgrade comple/successful !! WOOW
(that may have been the cause?)
---
thanks2ALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: