Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe MIDI Connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nateddog29 wrote:
One quick question is does the sx then use that through port as an additional output, or is that reserved only for the midi out?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. OUT is only for the midi data sent by the ESX. THRU is only for re-sending the midi data received by the ESX
Shriker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: EMX (or ESX) to Gameboy running LSDJ Reply with quote

I made a quick video demonstrating the settings needed to connect a gameboy to an electribe, for chiptune purposes. I'll post a demonstration of the standard lsdjmc-2 when i finish making one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K4qmdJYK5I

thanks, please check out my website http://www.shriker.co.uk
noomy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Midi problem Reply with quote

Hey forum i have a problem with my midi sync between the EMX and the ESX.

I have put my midi cable in the midi out in my ESX and put the midi cable in the midi in at my EMX

The ESX is put on internal and the EMX to external and when i press play on the ESX they both will play in sync. But the problem is that the EMX plays the same pattern as the ESX i want them to play their pattern separately

The ESX is on midi chl 1 and the EMX is on midi chl 2

What do have to do so they are just sync in tempo but doesn't play the same pattern?

Regards Noomy!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the info under the "Making MIDI filter settings" and the "Switching Patterns" headings of the EMX manual, in the midi section. You need to filter out any midi that you don't want the receiving device to respond to.
akmur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: electribe and microkorg Reply with quote

hey guys

i cant seem to understand how midi works... i have an electribe em1 and a microkorg... i want to use the em1 as master and the microkorg as slave. BUT i just wanna to transmit the time sync, not the notes. is this possible at all?
there is not much on midi filtering on the em1 manual...

EDIT

I got it on my own Very Happy
It seems like i have to set the midi channel on the microkorg to some channel that isnt used by either the drums or the synths.
Example:

On the EM1 i set drums to ch 1, synth1 to ch10 and synth2 to ch11.
On the microkorg I set the channel to anything but 1,10 or 11.
And that's it.

Hopefully this can be useful for other people Smile

And pls correct me if i'm wrong
Alex
Cry UFO

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator pro controlling EMX1 Reply with quote

Having an issue when using the Kaossilator pro externally controlling the EMX1 (as a remote keyboard), what’s happening is the synth part and one of the drum part are playing back at the same time, is this just something I’ve haven’t turned on/off right?

Thanks for the help …in advance Very Happy
P-E

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum and synth having the same MIDI Channel?
Cry UFO

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea that's what I first thought, but changed the midi channels and still the same thing
boseley1982

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i'm new to all this and recently picked up an EA1 and midi keyboard. i've connected them up from the 'out' of the controller to the 'in' of the EA1. i've followed the manual but can't seem to make a sound when playing from the keyboard. the keyboard works fine with synths on my mac and the EA1 works fine when playing its rubber keys - i just want more control! and really want to get this working. i think i've set the channels properly.

sorry to be a newby but can anyone help me step by step with this?

thanks in advance!!
number22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the first posts but iam very beginner and not very good at all this technical stuff. i have a kaoss pad 3 and emx-1 which i want to connect to my speakers. I only have 1 midi cable and normal chinch cables which doesnt fit to my emx-1.

My onboard soundcard is connected over chinch to my kp3 input, and my kp3 chinch output goes to my sound system. Now i have connected my emx-1 via the midi cable from emx-1 output to kp3 input midi. But it doesnt work, do i need to do something else or should it work like that? i tryd to change midi clock on emx-1 to ext but it doesnt help either. some help would be nice.

Oh and my kp3 sound work fine on my speakers, i can make effects to all my soundcard output which will sound on my speakers. i just cant record whit this kind of setup, and not use single decks for effect. but im fine whit that for now, becuz i cant affor a mixer or other setup at the moment. and it doesnt seem to work over usb.

EDIT: i think via midi i cant even send the whole sound to the kp3 or? Maby i need this kind of cable, i guess than it works : http://www.kabeltje.com/bmz_cache/0/0a0db9eb1cbd0c69dca96270cc1572ab.image.120x120.JPG Midi is only to send the timing so that both machines whit midi are in same bpm / speed right? its getting more complicated every day damn Sad
Sloop John B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current set up is ESX1 Midi Out to Microkorg Midi In, Microkorg midi thru to sp404.

There is no midi out/thru on the sp404 and I;d like to be able to sync to my mates devices, keeping the esx1 as Master.

IS there a way to assign the clock to either the esx1 thru or the microkorg out.

Looks like I've run out of midi ports?? Is there some kind of splitter I could use...help??
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=midi+splitter

you probably want what's sometimes called a midi thru box
http://www.philrees.co.uk/products/thruunit.htm
Sloop John B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor-of-Muppets wrote:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=midi+splitter

you probably want what's sometimes called a midi thru box
http://www.philrees.co.uk/products/thruunit.htm

1st link not helpful. Question is specific to the Korg ESX1...is it not reasonable to ask it on a forum for that unit...in a thread discussing MIDI connections.

2nd link quite helpful.

Thanks.
Weeedbeat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey idk if im stupid or its just me ^^ But how do i connect the EMX to my FL Studio so i can use the knobs as cutoff for example and how can ido the MIDI mapping like in these DJ softwares where u can edit each knob on ur controller... Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
geit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I recently bought the e-mu midi 2x2, stupid enough i didnt pay attention to the fact that its only compatible with windows xp and 2000, i have tried downloading a driver for windows 7 64 bit, but it still doesnt work, do i have to buy a more recent product, or can i get this thing to work some way?

any help would really be appreciated, been having a struggle to get it work for almost a week now Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: