Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe MIDI Connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geit wrote:
Hi.

I recently bought the e-mu midi 2x2, stupid enough i didnt pay attention to the fact that its only compatible with windows xp and 2000, i have tried downloading a driver for windows 7 64 bit, but it still doesnt work, do i have to buy a more recent product, or can i get this thing to work some way?

any help would really be appreciated, been having a struggle to get it work for almost a week now Razz

Have you tried running under compatibility mode? That's usually the way you'd get older software to work with win7.
geit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
geit wrote:
Hi.

I recently bought the e-mu midi 2x2, stupid enough i didnt pay attention to the fact that its only compatible with windows xp and 2000, i have tried downloading a driver for windows 7 64 bit, but it still doesnt work, do i have to buy a more recent product, or can i get this thing to work some way?

any help would really be appreciated, been having a struggle to get it work for almost a week now Razz

Have you tried running under compatibility mode? That's usually the way you'd get older software to work with win7.

doesnt work im afraid, im going to get a old laptop with the right version of windows instead Smile
geit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geit wrote:
roblabs wrote:
geit wrote:
Hi.

doesnt work im afraid, im going to get a old laptop with the right version of windows instead Smile

not doing that btw.

Can anyone help me, ive been trying to record from my electribe esx + kp3 into my laptop for almost a month now, bought cables etc and tried everything i can to get it to record somehow, but it just doesnt record.

Can anyone tell me in steps what it is i am supposed to do to get to recording?

Maybe the problem is that i dont have an audio interface?

And if so, what audio interface would be recommended for me?
running windows 7.

Thx in advance
StudioF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esx audio out- KP3 line in, KP3 line out- Laptop mic/line in. this is the best option if you dont have an audiointerface.
geit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudioF wrote:
Esx audio out- KP3 line in, KP3 line out- Laptop mic/line in. this is the best option if you dont have an audiointerface.
this worked! Bedankt he Wink
Olivander12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if it was possible to assign the EMX part to a sample bank of the Kaoss Pad. For example, everytime drum 1 is played, it triggers the sample loaded on sample bank A. The other parts should play as normal. This would be very cool, and I had no need buying a ESX.
oOjTgOo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question that may seem beyond remedial. I was fine with my RCA TS cables, until now. I've realized that I need to get my sync on in order to level up. I'm not a noob, kinda, just loathe midi. (bad experience with Akai MPD32)
I don't understand if I can run my R3 to EMX to ER to KP3 without effecting the sounds of each unit. I want my R3 to sound like my R3, my EMX to sound like itself, etc... So, I just set all the clocks the same and R3 out to EMX in etc?
I tried it myself and it was just a mess. I hate that I can't figure this out on my own, but it is what it is.
Thanks in advance.
HIT ME UP!
mozzatron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Connecting ER-1 with Ableton/S4/Maschine Reply with quote

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can advise me on how to properly set up my studio gear to get the most out of it.

I'm using an iMac running Ableton and i have a Novation SL MK2, NI Kontrol S4, Maschine and an old Korg Electribe ER-1. What is the best way of connecting the ER-1 so that i can record the sounds from it into ableton using the physical interface on the ER-1? I currently have a jack coming from the right audio out channel of the ER-1 which is split into a left and right channel cable and i have connected that to channel 1 and 2 on input channel C on the S4 on the line setting (As oppose to phono). Is this the way to get audio from the ER-1 so that i can record it into my DAW as i dont seem to be getting any sound?

I also have a midi out cable coming from the back of the ER-1 into the midi in at the back of the S4 as i was trying to input sound into the ER-1 so i am able to use it as a sequencer/FX unit....is this even possible???

Obviously i also have Maschine which i would like to incorporate into the overall set up so if anyone can advise me on the best way to set everything up that would be greatly appreciated.
Zemata

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I need some SERIOUS midi help!

So Ive got fruity loops and a newly installed audiophile 2496 midi interface (which I've gotten the audio in and audio out to work fine). I have an electribe EMX, KP3, and Microkorg XL.

What I want is for the emx and kp3 to be slaves to fruity loops. I want my EMX to start and stop playing when I hit play/pause in FL. I want both instruments to match the tempo/BPM in FL. Lastly I want my KP3 to be able to trigger samples when FL tells it to. I want these two instruments to be automated from my DAW. This is possible right?

As for the midi itself, I'm fairly clueless. I've gotten the EMX and KP3 to sync BPM with eachother via midi but thats about it. I can't even tell which cable is midi-in and which is midi-out on the audiophile card. I also don't know how to tell if I'm sending or receiving midi data at all.

My buddy and I just started hanging out every weekend to start working on our amateur music projects (lots of korg ds-10 lol) and to get this working would be a huge step forward for us.

Thanks!
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to help out a mate last night syncing a Roland MC808 and MC909.. keep reading I didn't post this in the wrong place... but there doesn't seem to be any proper midi filter on them to prevent note data being sent/recieved couldn't find anything in the manuals or online (yet)... kinda useless.

so we were trying to use the EMX as a MIDI filter between the two.. but..

MC808 (master) - EMX (clock ext PCEN=xxxx) - MC909 (slave)

when using the thru on EMX.. cool.. but obviously no MIDI filtering.
when using the EMX MIDI out: 909 at end of MIDI chain doesnt recieve start/stop from EMX
tried everything i could think of, turned on all MIDI settings on all 3 boxes, still no luck

He's been puzzling trying to get the two MCs to sync but after extensive testing last night it looks like the MC808's MIDI in isn't working (he's currently testing the box before deciding whether to buy or not and with a unoperational MIDI in it's unlikely he'll buy it)

Does the EMX not transmit the start/stop it receives? (via MIDI out)

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
amazingscrewonhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time poster here.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience syncing an emx with a line 6 m9/m13. The m series came out with a firmware update a little while ago that allowed the unit to read midi beat sync. I'm having a hell of a time making this happen.

midi out on the electribe to midi in on the line 6 isn't enough. What is strange is that the beat on the m13 will continuously hover around the tempo of the emx-up or down by a couple bpm.

Reading through the line6 forums says that the midi beat sync on the line6 only works through CC#64 messages. I'm not sure how to translate this onto the electribe. I assigned some knobs to CC#64 but turning them above 50% just skyrockets the bpm on the line6 to the highest amount possible.

Any help is appreciated!
luisizrae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, im new in the neighborhood
i need some help with my emx1-sd synchronization

I need to sync my emx 1 as sleeve to live so i connect the midi out of the PC to the midi in of the EMX-1 and set the midi clock of the EMX as EXT.

So when i put play in Live 8.2.2 the electribe start like 7 bpm higher than the master tempo of the Live.

I have read some comment about this like a classic issue but cant find the solution,
Will be glad if something can help me and for sure will be received in Argentina with wine and premium meat hah.

best,
ananjar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: controlling knobs of EA1 Reply with quote

Hi!,
I'm losing a lot of time trying to translate the info about controlling the knobs of my ea1 with an external controller. I've read the manual and find it mysterious. It uses cc referred to nrpn
Anyone has used it before as I've explained?
How did you do to works ok?
I run midiox to see what's going on. Cut off uses LSB and MSB. If I use both in my external as nrpn it doesn't work; and if I use the cc from the manual it also doesn't work.

Please, if somebody is there and can help me... that's would be Razz

Thnaks!
swakst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[http://www.kstprodukzion.com] see how to connect and more tuto [/url]

http://www.dailymotion.com/swakst

SWAKST
swakst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kstprodukzion.com sorry Wink Smile lol

http://www.dailymotion.com/swakst

SWAKST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: