Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my speakers suck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SazquatcheR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: my speakers suck Reply with quote

this is probley the wrong place to post but i use a triton studio. My problem is...Ive been using these berlington speakers and when i burn my music to a cd, then play it in the car somethings always off, its either the bass too loud or too low, on the speakers the bass is weak... anyone know of some good speakers that will let me hear my 808 right. Maybe im not explaining this right, but theirs gotta be some producers out their that understand what im saying.. when u make something and hear it on a stereo it sounds like sh*t!
And if theirs someplace u can tell me that u can finance music equiptment with BAD credit would be extra help. THANX!
Keyboardist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. if i understood you right, your speakers distort the real frequency content of your music or synthesizers and, maybe the most important, you have no mastering for your music, right?

1)It's very expensive to buy really cool studio-monitors, that would not distort the real frequency content of your music. So, you should buy cool monitor headphones - for example FOSTEX T50 - as i know, theese headphones are practically the only ones, that can show you frequency content in a right way. Got it? Smile

2)You have to do mastering for your music. I think you should read manuals about mastering - i cant explain you what to do "by word of mouth" Smile Good soft for mastering - iZotope Ozone 3, Magix Samplitude 7. Try it!

Good luck Very Happy
smstome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe promlem is you have to do mastering your music.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant MASTER before MIXING...sometimes only MIXING can do it.
You can have a House with only WALLS but not wil only ROOF.
Gotta start from the Foundation not the Roof.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do all my music on a Triton Studio, but now days I dump individual tracks, or groups of similar tracks to my pc and then I do some final effects where they're needed, then I do as was mentioned above, mastering in ozone 3. Also, as I don't have the option to use monitors at all (I do this all in a small condo) I compare my final mix/master on 2 different headphones and then I will run it thru my surround sound system. Also, it's a good idea to then burn a quick cd and play it on a cheap boombox, or a car stereo etc to give a whole different take. While this is all very time consumming, at least at the end of the day I'm not worried about how I might sound on someone's headphones or stereo.
album cover
phaceless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try taking a professional mix like your favorite song listen to it on your speakers that youo will be mixing on and some different speakers at best buy or something or guitar center listen to the diference do the same thing with your mixes...what im trying to say is learn your moniters....i have some bx5's for instance and when the bass is just pumpin soundding good in em i know that it is entirely to much bass in my mix....so when i can barely hear it that a pretty appropriate level.... you just gotta know what your speaker plays well what it hides

this is the same thing that george said though but once you hear it you can equate for it so you dont have to listen to it in 30 places.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phaceless wrote:
what im trying to say is learn your moniters....i have some bx5's for instance and when the bass is just pumpin soundding good in em i know that it is entirely to much bass in my mix....so when i can barely hear it that a pretty appropriate level.... you just gotta know what your speaker plays well what it hides

Excellent advice ! Even with a good pair of monitor speakers, you still need to learn to translate what you hear in the monitors into what it will sound like in the real world.

With bass, one hack is to just use a final EQ to cutoff the low frequencies (low shelving) that most speakers systems are unlikely to be able to reproduce, stuff that will just make your track sound boomy. The chances are that you might not be even be able to hear those low frequencies in your current speakers, so just cutting it from the mix will ensure that it doesn't come up unexpected anywhere else.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: