Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

massive update problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the display shows when you turn on the Power Switch of the RADIAS while holding the [MASTER FX ON],[Cursor(Up/Left)] and [Cursor(Down/Right)] keys? A blank screen too?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
Glydez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, completely blank, not booting at all...
Glydez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh mannnnnnn Crying or Very sad
jamelmarkx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAME EXACT THING happened to me about a year ago while updating my Radias using my computer. About half way through the update... write error ... My Radias is bricked. Switch: ON --- lights go on, nothing happens. Can't factory reset, can't do anything, because it doesn't work anymore... not even a little bit.
I get in touch with my local Korg-Authorized repair shop. $135 to even look at it. "Ah okay, here is where the issue may lie. Looks like the chip (i think.. it was a while ago so it's kinda fuzzy, sorry if that doesn't help) is fried." They tell me I need to call Korg if I want to get the repair covered, as I am not under warranty anymore.
I call Korg. I tell them what happened. "This is your fault, Korg. Because your website tells us that 'we always recommend updating to the latest drivers'. I did, following the instructions to the T, and now my synthesizer is one heavy, expensive paperweight."
Good news. They tell me that they are sorry for my inconvenience, and that they will cover the entire repair. I just need to give them the info for the repair shop and they will work it out on the back-end.
WOW. That was easy. Too easy... makes me think that this is a common problem.
I get a call from the shop. "We spoke to Korg and they will cover the total cost of the repair. It should be done in a week or so"
Yay!
Week goes by... 2 weeks...
I call the repair shop.
"Oh it seems that the problem wasn't the motherboard. We changed it out with a new part... and there it still doesn't work. We also found signs that someone had spilled some sort of sugary soft-drink on the Radias and that has been sitting there, corroding everything."
OK. I am always super-careful with liquids around my equipment. This was no exception. Although the 18 year old nose-picker that I bought it from on Craigslist probably wasn't as careful. UGH...
Repair shop: "Because of the fact that we found all this extra damage upon opening the unit, we do not believe Korg will send us a whole new motherboard which, OH BY THE WAY, we now need because of all the damaged electronics."
OK, so you're telling me that I have been using the synth this entire time for months and months, and suddenly, without warning, it decides to brick itself when I try to update it. And not because of any software-compatibility error from Korg, but because of Pepsi. I suppose it is remotely possible for this to be a coincidence, but I know that the Radias was working PERFECTLY until i tried to update it. I don't care about any 'extra damage'. The attempted update is what ultimately caused the machine to fail.

Long story short. I now have my radias rack + radias keyboard (which is incompatible with anything else other than the radias... awesome.) sitting in my living room, collecting dust. Hopefully I can scrounge up the $600 to buy a new rack unit. I hope this post helps in any way... basically my sob story with Craigslist and Korg.
bigjoescientist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone resolve the "bricked" Radias problem? Reply with quote

Just bricked by Radias trying to upgrade to 2.0. Wish I would have found this thread BEFORE trying it. Same issue: installed the new drivers, followed all the OFFICIAL KORG instructions from the OFFICIAL KORG SUPPORT SITE, the operation stalled... nothing to do but restart the Radias, which is now stuck on the logo screen. I'm going to try Korg support tomorrow... hoping for, but not expecting, some help from them on this.
bigjoescientist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: SOLVED: Massive Korg Radias Update Problem Reply with quote

Special thanks to member Citizen Klause for the info that led to the solution:

In my case, I had a failed OS update to 2.0 via USB. However, there is a way to put the Radias into UPGRADE OS VIA MIDI mode:

1. Attach your computers MIDI OUT to Radias' MIDI IN

2. Turn on the Radias in this manner: [MASTER FX ON] + [EDIT/YES] + [EXIT/NO] + [POWER ON]

3. Open the Radias OS updater app on your computer

4. Via the app's menu, select "Force Update"

5. On the app, press the "Update" button, then wait for completion. If successful, you should see a message on the app "...restart your Radias..."

Worked for me! I am SO THRILLED!!!

You should see a blank screen on the Radias.
jlt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Did anyone find a solution to reboot the Radias?

thanks
Neural Tech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to echo everyone who's asked... has this Update issue been solved? I could google it, but I figure asking here is pertinent.

I've never updated mine and don't plan on it unless this has been fixed. Confused
Panason

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to use the MIDI ports and the procedure described in the post above yours... Korg's MIDI USB implementation on the Radias is problematic... It sucks that they did not do a complete job on one of their most powerful synths...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: