Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Win XP driver doesn't work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJimi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Win XP driver doesn't work Reply with quote

Hello,

I just got my kaoss pad 3, a friend bought it for me in the States, so I am not getting any technical support here (I live in Ireland).

I have downloaded the latest firmware upgrades and the latest KP3 editor, but I cant get the blooming driver to work. 'KP3 not found' keeps popping up.

I have seen that someone else has the same problems, but the suggested solution didn't work for me.

Also - I tried to transfer *.wav files via SD card, but th emanual doesn't describe this very well, I did not succeed.

Am getting extremely frustrated with this product, which if I could get it working would probably be amazing.

Could anyone please help me, I'd really appreciate it

Thank's in advance

Jimi
decrepitude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people assume they need to be in USB mode on the device. You don't want that mode on in this case. That function is only for simple file transfers between computer and the KP3's SD card.

You do want the USB cable connected to the KP3, but the KP3 should not be in USB mode for editing. (It will communicate through the editor, even though there may not be any apparent connection.) Open the editor and double-check your preferences. Load a sample into one of the slots in the editor and try the 'transmit' function as a test. Hopefully you'll see a progress bar indicating a successful transfer. The KP3's led will show a rotating line indicating it's "busy".

Suggestions to solve any issues with file transfers:
-Start with a clean boot of both computer and KP3 (fresh power up.)
-Put KP3 in USB mode - Hold down the SHIFT button and press
the PROGRAM MEMORY 7 (USB) button. The display will indicate “USB.”
-After a few moments, the SD card should now be visible in 'my computer' as an available drive to which you can copy files to and from.
MrJimi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, I will try that Smile
richard s

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my KP3 has never worked with the editor on any XP machine or OSX Mac. I've tried every driver, cleaned the drivers and started from the beginning. Now I updated editor and KP3 to V2

but still "KP3 not found"

It has never worked.

I suspect the Korg USB drivers are buggy as hell
decrepitude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works perfectly for me on both XP and Mac. I would venture to say most people aren't having problems. This isn't a place where people post that something works.

Btw, on a mac you don't need to install anything but the editor. Both my macs saw the KP3's SD card straight away. Again, I would just remind people that you should not be in USB mode while using the software editor.

XP does require the USB/midi driver. One thing to try if your having problems is to uninstall the driver through the control panel in XP. Restart the PC, and then run a registry cleaning program. After that, try reinstalling the USB/midi driver for XP. You may have to restart again, before trying to use the editor.

Same procedure as above for the editor software. Double check the editor's preferences to see if some other midi port is in use other than the KP3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: