Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microkorg volume issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hexagonsun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: microkorg volume issue Reply with quote

hi. obligatory disclaimers: a) i don't know much about synths and b) i apologize if this has been posted before but i could not find it.

my microkorg seems to have gotten a lot quieter lately. i thought maybe the alesis sumo 100 i bought was crap but my fantom x6 comes through great.

my band plays loud as poop and even with my sumo right next to me as a monitor, i can barely hear my microkorg. could i have changed a setting inadvertently? could i have broken something? could this just be the normal output and i didn't notice until i started using the sumo? i was using a friend's behemoth kc 550 before.

anyhoo, assuming all is as it should be, any solutions? a preamp? a power amp? i'm just making up words, are these things things?

many many thanks!
Davey Wavey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm... the only thing I can think of is to go to AMP in EDIT SELECT 1 and make sure LEVEL is all the way up. Other than that, I'm no hardware expert. Sorry...
hexagonsun

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks davey i'll give that a try. i actually had a momnt of dumb genious and realized: my fantom x6 has an audio input - my fantom x6 comes through my amp fine - put the microkorg through the fantom! tada. it worked. i'll still definitely check the amp level though. there's no such thing as too much volume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: