Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can you scroll through scenes? like the xone 3d wheels allow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djcarpentier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: can you scroll through scenes? like the xone 3d wheels allow Reply with quote

just wondering if its possible to scroll through scenes vertically in ableton using the zero 4 or zero 8? the A&H xone 3d jog wheels apparently do that. i dont want to have to use a mouse to select a clip, then use the midi controls to trigger them. any answers would be helpful as this will be one of the main reasons for buying it. thanks
Dj-Grobe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just map one endless knob for make that, very easy.
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Just as Grobe says, you map a rotary encoder knob to Ableton.

When you enter MIDI map mode on Ableton, look at the bottom of the scenes column. You will see up and down arrows, and a box with a number next to that. Simply click that box and turn a rotary encoder knob. That's it.
djcarpentier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. thanks guys. also curious as you both have a zero 8, what else are you using with it? was thinking of getting a padkontrol for a few extra buttons and knobs. does it work well with other midi equipment?
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not using anything else at the moment. But I would like to have more buttons for launching clips. I don't think I want to have 2 controllers, though.
McQ714

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Korg does not have Vista 64-bit drivers at the moment for the Zero mixers, I have my Zero 4 running through the padKontrol's Midi port. It works extremely well. I also have a XioSynth and all 3 get along just fine. Two on USB obviously and the Zero on MIDI. But if you're looking for more buttons and knobs, I just read a review in Future Music about the Livid Instruments Ohm Controller, and I gotta say.. I'm impressed. But for a MIDI controller, it's not cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: