Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

88 Key MIDI Master Keyboard advice request.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anhe

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: 88 Key MIDI Master Keyboard advice request. Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been looking for quite some time to get me a 88 master keyboard (midi only) with "grand hammer action". Thing is, there seem to be roughly 2 price ranges, ~500 EUR and ~1000 EUR (Swedish Eur. prices on a major european online vendor). The thing is, where i live there seem to be little to no interest from the local vendors to take home demo hardware of atleast some of the available keyboards, so i was hoping for some advice and/or opinions.
Now I don't plan on lugging the keyboard around that much, but it shouldn't need to be handled with extreme care, also I would like something similar to a "real piano" key-response.

// anhe
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

IMHO if you're looking for a good piano action, the CME UF series is not that bad.
About MIDI capabilities, nothing can beat the Oberheim MC3000 (8 MIDI ports, 8 zones, 8 pedal input, mouse input...amazing!).
Studiologic makes some good controllers, too, with a good piano action.

But....if you don't need so much midi capabilities (just need to control programmed and splitted modules), why don't you consider a good stage piano?

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
anhe

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm open for any suggestions, but the less things that can break, the better.
But regarding stage-pianos, any suggestions? id i remember it right, the FP-4 (or was it FP-7, got a bit unsure now..) had kinda nice key-response, tho.. was priced at around the same as the more expensive midi keyboards.

// anhe
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Oberheim is rock-solid, and has great midi capabilities and good action (maybe not the best out there). CME are solid, too, aluminium case makes them quite stable.
About stage pianos, I would suggest only Yamaha: they have a very good keyboard feeling, CP300 especially is one of the heaviest I've ever tried! I don't like Casio at all, I don't mind Roland, but at the top of the list there is Yamaha...Korg is in the middle of my top 10 list...

of course, just my 2 cents...

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
candlewick

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: controller Reply with quote

I've got a CME 88 model that I purchased for home use (son in piano lessons). Very impressed by the feel, and very pleased with the price. Nothing too fancy for my module as I am using it to control an X3R. I would definately give the CME a look.

"I Need More Cowbell!!"
-Todd

TritonLE76,X3R, M50-61, TD6V V-drum module w/ Pintech Mesh Triggers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: