Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pocket groovebox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
plosive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlitchDS is a finished app but it'll get some updates in the future. I wouldn't say it's the best but it's the best at what it does. I only know of a few PC/Mac apps that do similar things (cellular sequencing) and then of course some of the cellular apps for Monome.

The guy that made GlitchDS just released another app btw.

There's also Nitro Tracker, which can do pretty much everything Bhajis loops can do. I'm no fan of piano roll editors tho...so I actually prefer a tracker based sequencer.

Don't get me wrong tho.. I was exaggerating to a degree that the DS is the "best".. there are several handheld platforms that have at least one or two complete solutions (and ive owned/used many of them).. the thing about the DS is that it has a bunch of them, many of which use very interesting UIs. And.. if you get into the geeky world of old computers and music apps like I do it even gets better because there are rock solid emulators for the DS to run apps for Amiga, Atari, ZX Spectrum, C64, etc.

Many DS apps have also implemented DSMidi WiFi which is a wireless midi interface for sequencing the ds app over midi or for sequencing software on the computer, etc. from the ds.

Here's a list of some off the top of my head, they're all free except the 'commercial' ones. to run the homebrew you have to have a flashcart for your DS like the R4DS or M3Simply:

Protein DScratch
glitchDS
repeaterDS
DStep (midi out..check youtube)
Electroplankton (commercial)
Nitrotracker
Bliptracker
DSSynth
Soundcells
DS Guitar Sim M-06 (commercial)
Jam Sessions (commercial..american version of M-06 with an added 'game mode')
Korg DS-10 (commercial..produced by ACQ interactive.. store shelves in july)
Groovestep
Pixelh8
Kaoss DS (midi out)
Pulse DS
MonoMEDS (midi out)
Midi Keyboard (midi out)
Drummer

etc. that's not all of em but it's most of the good/complete ones. there's new ones popping up all the time. developement for the DS didn't really skyrocket until the Lite version came out and it's been gaining steam ever since then b/c ppl have been making their audio developement libs available to the public and sharing code. i imagine the ds-10 is creating quite a buzz too which is getting more devs excited about having some fun with the DS.

as far as those music apps for the emulators/old computers go... check out this page: http://www.morganleahrecords.com/mooglecharm/programs.html
SherwinBoshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i just got Glitch DS and ill check some more of these out.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried PSP kick? Pity that the site is down. I'd like to hear the audio samples of it. that looks promising.

Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
Has anyone tried PSP kick? Pity that the site is down. I'd like to hear the audio samples of it. that looks promising.

No but i wouldn' mind. Does anybody know where it can be downloaded from? If i find it i'll post a link...
plosive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my copy of the ds-10 just came in the mail today Wink
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musikmachine wrote:
No but i wouldn' mind. Does anybody know where it can be downloaded from? If i find it i'll post a link...

Everything about it can be downloaded here:
http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=PSPkick
I really would like to hear some detail review about it, and if possible the soundset. Because if I ever get the PSP, it's mainly going to be for something like that.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plosive wrote:

so how do you like it? Just toying around with mine too Smile and this is the result of learning it for around a half hour: DSnight.

Last edited by Crystalmsc on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using BeatMaker on the iPhone lately, another pretty sweet app.

www.intua.com
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
musikmachine wrote:

Everything about it can be downloaded here:
http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=PSPkick
I really would like to hear some detail review about it, and if possible the soundset. Because if I ever get the PSP, it's mainly going to be for something like that.

Thanks! I'll check it out and post some samples and opinions. I got a psp recently and have been using PSP Rhythm and have messed briefly with Seq, both great apps. I'm amazed by what you can get out of these things! The future is portable. Laughing

I don't know if the psp would be worth getting just for the music apps as there are only a few, i'd probably go for a ds as there is clearly more for it and the ds-10 looks really nice. Razz
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musikmachine wrote:
the ds-10 looks really nice. Razz

Thank you for checking that out, I'd be glad to hear things about it. Sure, the DS-10 is great and I really like mine. But the PSP has it's own attractive things that I like. The other that I'm curious is the PSPseq. Have you tried it?

musikmachine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
the ds-10 looks really nice. Razz

Thank you for checking that out, I'd be glad to hear things about it. Sure, the DS-10 is great and I really like mine. But the PSP has it's own attractive things that I like. The other that I'm curious is the PSPseq. Have you tried it?

Yeah briefly.

Check out some of the demos on their site, pretty impressive. There's a 56 page manual so i think it's fairly powerful. The thing that i haven't figured out yet is how to edit the synth so the manual is required reading. Seems to have a lot of parameters in the sub menus. PSP rhythm is much more immediate, like rebirth with samples. Smile

It's nice, at first it seems dead simple but thats the beauty of it; you haven't got loads of menus or options getting in the way. I like it. I'll bet the ds10 rocks with that stylus! Cool
plosive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
plosive wrote:

so how do you like it? Just toying around with mine too Smile and this is the result of learning it for around a half hour: DSnight.

i wrote some more of my impressions here: http://osc1.wordpress.com/

i've been really happy to find out that most of its sequencer/pattern/etc management and playback is alot like the Electribes.

i made a short demo as i was sorting out its features too, http://www.plosive.net/mp3/sawfunds10.mp3

normally i dont plan on using so many saw sounds, etc. but i was more or less going blind. turned out to be a pretty cool track but lacks an intro. was thinkin of finishing it but im just going forward and starting new stuff.

while im at it here's the first demo i did on the kaossilator (which i got like 3 weeks ago) : http://www.plosive.net/mp3/pkltr1.mp3
musikmachine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question plosive: Which would you rather have; the ds for music or kaossilator? Smile
plosive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a tough call.. they both do alot that the other doesnt.

but, if i were to take price into consideration it'd be the ds-10 no doubt. who say's you can't have both? Very Happy i've had a little bit of money lately so i actually bought a very small portable 10 channel battery operated mixer by edirol/roland. won't be here till next week tho Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: