Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MK Problems. Modulation goes HAYWIRE randomly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackaler

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: MK Problems. Modulation goes HAYWIRE randomly. Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm playing just a basic clean saw lead, and out of nowhere it starts modulating, doing whatever is set to happen when the mod wheel is turned. It's as if the mod wheel gets turned up...without me touching it.

The only way to make sure it doesn't happen in a live show, is to take all effects off of the mod wheel, for every setting, making the mod wheel basically useless.

And I know it isn't a problem within the editing itself, because it happens randomly. Sometimes frequently, sometimes not frequently. And also, when I hit the back of the MK just right, it straightens back out.

It seems like a loose cable somewhere inside. I plan on opening it up to take a look. Any ideas on what to look for?? Would appreciate some tech advice! Very Happy
plosive

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like theres a slow lfo assigned to something (and probably another env patch or an lfo modulating another) that you are looking over.
Davey Wavey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it does sound like a tech problem the way you describe it.
Just to make sure it isn't though, turn the frequency of your LFOs down and set the MOD INT of your patches to zero just in case they were set to be routed to the LFOs by accident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: