Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you Simply Delete a Sample PAd on the KP3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starving student

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: How do you Simply Delete a Sample PAd on the KP3? Reply with quote

i can't seem to find the delte command, or Embarassed is it that you can only delete by replacing a sample with another., What if i want to save an 'all' file but I only want to keep two of the pads, how i erase the other two pads?

thanks in advance
Zedius

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're S.O.L., but I could be wrong.

I think you need to save the two samples you want, save the other settings, then load both into a clean slate and save that as an "all".
starving student

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much, wow that seems to be very inconvienent for this day in age, can anybody else reply please is that how you do it?
starving student

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
decrepitude

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I guess I'm wondering why you ever need to do that?

If you have no mic connected, switch over to the mic and record silence into the sample slot. You only have to record a short moment and you can hit the sample pad again (creating a one-shot.)
starving student

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and thanks for your reply, basicly i do quite alot of sampling/resampling and have found that the kp3 is the perfect companion for my other samplers, also it's been wonderful as a standalone instrument, it just doesn't make sense to not be able to delete data that you don't need. I always save in 'all' files so as to keep all project data together.
m4m

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit sampling, close the input volume, tap the sample pad twice, it will record a really short one shot of silence, only way, you cannot delete
Pirx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No possibility to delete a sample right away.

I sold my KP3 a couple of weeks ago, too many 'work-arounds'...This product isn't perfected in so many aspects.

I like the effects, although some of them are very similar to each other, and, what's more important for me, there is no dedicated 'Zero-Point' on the pad (on almost all the effects), where the effect is faded to zero and where you can start/stop an effect seamlessly. The effect always 'jumps in'.

Also the implementation of the sampling capabilities is, at least, a bit toyish.

Maybe KP4 is going to be a more serious tool for professional production. KP3, sorry, not yet...

Cheers
Pirx
starving student

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirx thanks for your imput, just want to ask you or anybody reading this, what other hardware fx box would you be looking at if you were going to replace the kp3?

and thanks
Pirx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time there's no alternative to the KP3. It has an innovative concept, which can't be found anywhere else. That's a surprising fact, there could be some other manufacturers doing something similar, 'cause the KP series is a very successful product.

I think, the KP3 is overpriced nevertheless, so if KP3 is needed, a used one should do the trick. You can enjoy it's useful features having payed less for bearing the flaws. Or the KP-Mini could be enough fun without sampling for less than half the price.

I find myself thinking about a used KP3 sometimes in case, there isn't a Pro-KP4 by the end of this year. It definitely gave new aspects to my music.
But I'm not in a hurry...
Cheers
Pirx
m4m

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got a redsound soundbite pro for the sampling part and it works like a charm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: