Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i suck at this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanjhnn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: i suck at this Reply with quote

hi, im new in this whole Korg thing and I happen to need to make a musical, but I dont know where to start in making a song, when I used SEQ to do so I dont know how to save the song. Can anyone suggest on how they make songs?
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sequence is actually very easy to use. I usually assign the program sounds I want to each channel, for example, drum track - bass track - piano or guitar etc and play along with the drums to create a verse section, then I make another song and copy the original song in the second one using mostly the same programs and effects, but this time I'll make that my chorus or bridge section, once I have a few versions of my 'song' files I will then put them together in the cue list function which allows you to string the different song sections together and rearrange them and repeat also, so i you have a verse section you can call that in for as many verses as you have and the same for the chorus, periodically I do save my work, and that is done by pressing the disk key and go to save all, this way you are saving your sng file, your pcg contents (which are your program designations) and any ksc sample files. Also, you may specify the name for your song at this time. I encourage you to find some tutorial video on using the Studio as much of this is very easy to do, but there is much to learn and I found after watching the tutorial video it was much easier to compose music and produce some excellent songs without the frustration. All these tips are in the manuals but those are sometimes hard to understand. In the tutorials you can watch someone doing everything and explaining how to do it.
album cover
vanjhnn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
Sequence is actually very easy to use. I usually assign the program sounds I want to each channel, for example, drum track - bass track - piano or guitar etc and play along with the drums to create a verse section, then I make another song and copy the original song in the second one using mostly the same programs and effects, but this time I'll make that my chorus or bridge section, once I have a few versions of my 'song' files I will then put them together in the cue list function which allows you to string the different song sections together and rearrange them and repeat also, so i you have a verse section you can call that in for as many verses as you have and the same for the chorus, periodically I do save my work, and that is done by pressing the disk key and go to save all, this way you are saving your sng file, your pcg contents (which are your program designations) and any ksc sample files. Also, you may specify the name for your song at this time. I encourage you to find some tutorial video on using the Studio as much of this is very easy to do, but there is much to learn and I found after watching the tutorial video it was much easier to compose music and produce some excellent songs without the frustration. All these tips are in the manuals but those are sometimes hard to understand. In the tutorials you can watch someone doing everything and explaining how to do it.

thanks very much, this so far the most useful info i have been able to see on the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: