Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need advice for a Triton purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sqzdog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Need advice for a Triton purchase Reply with quote

I am looking at a Triton Pro X 88. I don't know much about the Tritons other than I have wanted one for years and just unable back then to afford them. I haven't been following the models so I am a little out of touch.

My question is, is the Triton Pro X 88 the same as a Studio model? I do know that this one does not have a built in CDRW.

Any advice on this possible purchase is appreciated, especially on what I need to watch out for, etc.

My last keyboard purchase was an Ensoniq MR-76 so that should tell you how long I have been out of the game!!
krazy78

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRITON (classic) 61 key , PRO 76 key , PRO X 88 hammer action
TRITON STUDIO 61 key , PRO 76 key , PRO X 88 hammer action RH2
TRITON EXTREME 61 , 76 , 88 RH2

The STUDIO model came out after the CLASSIC, its better than the classic version which is what you're looking at, the STUDIO has 48MB ROM, more sound banks A--N, open sampling, which is sampling in any mode , optional CDR drive, floppy drive, better piano sampes, faster processor, 7 expansion slots for adding EXB PCM cards.

The CLASSIC has 32MB ROM , 7 banks A--G, 2 expansion slots, floppy drive, optional SCSI.

My advice, whatever model you choose, make sure you check the screen back light, test out all the buttons (the button switches sometimes fail)
sqzdog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Krazy. I purchased a Triton Studio 76. I checked everything out like you said. $1,100 a good deal?
krazy78

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal ! congratulatios, enjoy!!!
Studio is a great machine, its getting harder to find them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: