Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amplifier for Korg Trinity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Amplifier for Korg Trinity Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a Korg Trinity V3 Pro X and I have two small speakers hooked up to it. I want to put the keyboard through and amplifier. Will any amplifier work (such as a guitar amp) or do I have to buy something special. If I buy an amp do I connect the amp into the back of the keyboard in the out jacks and then plug in other speakers into the amp.

As you can tell I'm new at this and not very savvy on these sort of things.

PS: Hi Diego. thanks for the help last time. Worked fine.

Wayne
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Motion Sound Keyboard amp that sends sound out in a stereo spread that works well with my Trinity as well as my Oasys. I would recommend using an amp designed for use with keyboards rather than a guitar amp, unless your intention is to have the sound, sound midrangy like it would from that type of amp. You will get a better range of lows mids and highs from a dedicated keyboard amp. All that being said, if you have a good quality stereo PA system, that would work great as well. Remember to send out both Left and Right channels to achieve a stereo spread.

Regards,

Nitecrawler Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also synths can be more percussive, and often with concentrated bass or drums, which a guitar amp isn't really designed for.

Imagine a keyboard bassline pumping through guitar amps, it'd probably rip them to shreds. Laughing I know I made mincemeat of my practice guitar amp due to using it for synths too. It farts for Britain now, and is completely unusable. It only had an 8" driver, though.

As nitecrawler says, synths create sounds across the whole audible frequency range, so guitar amps wouldn't be able to handle the highs or lows particularly well. And, again, synth outputs tend to be stereo, guitars are mono.
wayne B

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Amplifier for Korg Trinity Reply with quote

Nitecrawler/Timo

Thank you for responding to my query re an amp for my Korg.

Looking at all the knowledge re the complex questions and answers in this forum humbles me a bit but I'm trying to learn.

Again thank you, I will certainly take your advice and will find myself a Keyboard amp.

Wayne
Spacecowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: keyboard amp Reply with quote

well my band leader told me he wanted more organ. so i got a motion sound top and a double 15" bottom and voilla'. it made all the difference in the world.

but any full rannge speaker with a 15" and a horn is preferred. if you are able to send your sound to the PA with a direct box, then you can use anything you want for a monitor, but you have to have been around long enough to understand the crappy sound you're getting is actualy better out front.
wayne B

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Amplifier Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all the input. I appreciate it.

Wayne B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: