Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can we write the titles of our songs on the CD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiveItATry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: How can we write the titles of our songs on the CD? Reply with quote

Hello guys.
I see that Korg doesnt allow us to give names to our songs when we burn a CD on the Triton Studio. I dont use pc to make music but only my Triton Studio. What pc program would you suggest me to use in order to give names to my songs and my album? I can use any kind of pc program (eg Nero) that can do this without losing any quality or do I have to use an expensive program to do that? I dont like playing my CD on a pc with the titles of the songs not being displayed (it just says Track1, Track2, etc and I dont like it).
Thanks a lot!
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I used before was Sony CD Architect 5. It came free with my Sony Soundforge. I would say if there is any way for you to get your tunes onto a pc and do at least the minimum of mastering in something like Soundforge, you will see a remarkable improvement in the finished product. There's an added polish that you can achieve on the pc that the TS really can't touch with it's limited number of master effects. But back to burning: can you just use like Windows Media Player or something like that? Is the quality not that good with Microsoft or some such burner?
album cover
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have recorded the song to a stereo .wav, you can rename it in the utility tab in disk mode. Georginar is right though - if you go into Windows Media Player, right click the song and select Advanced Tag Editor you can edit everything Smile

Georginar also hit on the point of limited mastering on the Triton Studio. If you want to really make your tracks shine then, yes, you might be paying a bit for software + interface to achieve this. If you look at the post 16 or 24bit in the Extreme topics you will see how involved this can get. It's worth it though!!
GiveItATry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot both of you!
I downloaded the trial version of Soundforge 9 and CD Architect 5.
I have 10 tracks mastered on the Triton Studio and I want to send a master CD for duplication. Thats why I wanted to enter the titles of my songs and of the whole album. Triton Studio doesnt allow me to do so, I can just put only a few letters and not the whole title. For example I cannot input the title "Till the end of the world". Anyway...
I uploaded my tracks using an Audio CD. And the question now is... The only thing I want to do is to normalize the songs and write their titles. In this case, does the quality of the soundcard I use matter or not? Generally, yes, it does matter, but in this case?
Thanks!

And one last question. Can I upload my tracks in. WAV Format on Soundforge? If yes, how can I do that? Thanks! If I upload my tracks in. WAV Format instead of using an Audio CD will I hear any difference?
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your sound card has nothing to do with the actual wav file, it just helps to be able to hear your wav exactly as it sounds, but yes you can normalize your wav in soundforge and then make a cd out of it, i've done it many times, once you've normalized you can leave it as a wav or convert to some other form such as mp3 etc, so whatever form you need it in for cd or for mp3 sharing you can do from soundforge
album cover
phaceless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can normallize on the triton as well... when you are about to make a cd hit edit wave and normalize is an option in the drop tab
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point faceless, although the TS is very slow to do these things. Also, the soundforge comes with a feature called wavehammer, which will allow certain compression and/or limiter effect and then normalizing to achieve a higher volume, i simply use the limiter there as i always end up with a peak or two that are much higher than the rest of the wav and is preventing the majority of my highs to actually hit the 0 mark

but that is a good point, some of this can be done on the ts, it's just very limited and extremely slow, on my pc i can limit and normalize in seconds
album cover
phaceless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i didnt say that i would rush to do it but it can be done and once you get into it it is funbut the thought of it is a turn off...my interface is broken and the smaller version i brought doesnt do stereo so ive been sampling loops and burnin them to get em to my computer. so my tolerance may be higher.....i think i burned 20 beats one time and it took like hours.

but for real it is only limited by how much time you want put in it. you can keep resamplin with all the efx you desire to get the product that you want ...have you ever listened to the factory songs they are quite amazing..
GiveItATry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!
I normalized the songs on the TS. Yes, I have done it so many times since 2002 when I first bought my Triton Studio.
I just wanted to write CD Text and Korg doesnt allow me to (the characters that Korg allows are too few).

Well, George, I went to the File Menu of the CD Architect -> Properties -> Summary -> Title of the CD -> Title of the Artist and then I went to the View Menu -> Track List, I double-clicked the Title Box and typed the name of the tracks and of the Artist, BUT when I played the songs using the Windows Media Player, the CD Text was just disappeared (it said Unknown Artist, Track 01, etc insted of the name of the Artist, etc.). Any idea of what maybe went wrong?

Thank you so much!
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that Windows Media Player recognizes what you've typed in there as being the registered cd's songs or not, as these types of software rely on a database of cd's and song titles based on known cd's that they have stored. I often buy a cd from another country, something obscure and I have to type in the names of songs etc as my media player will say unknown, or title 1 etc. So even though you've done this you may have to still edit the song data in your media player, which is a pain. Maybe you can send the album data to their database afterwards so others can make use of it if they get your cd. I've done this but I don't know if they accept it or not.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: