Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss KP2 // guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thargon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Kaoss KP2 // guitar Reply with quote

Hi to all pro-Kaoss users Smile

This post will be full of "noobie" questions, so really sorry about that.

My main question is about proper using KP2 with guitar without much noise. I tried mic input but i really dont feel satisfied this way. Im thinking about using RCA, but dont know if it helps... And i would like to ask you about position KP2 in effect chain, i have these effects Korg Ax1500g, Marshall Bluesbreaker, crybaby wah and Line6 Filter Modeller. What is best setup?

Im really sorry to bother you,but i was trying to read a lot of posts on this forum about these problems, but im still really confused.

So please dont curse me, cause i love you Smile

Really thanks for all answers..

and sorry for my bad english...

bye
dummes kind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: maybe... Reply with quote

hi, i'm not using the kaoss pad, but i'm a guitar player too.

i think the best way to start with would be guitar-wah-bluesbreaker-kaoss-filter-1500

it depends on what you want it to sound like.

the classic chain would be: guitar-wah-distortion-amp(-simulation)-modulation(chorus/flanger...)-delay-reverb

this way the reverb is not gettin distorted, which of course is more natural than a distorted room or hall.

so actually the point you put your K2 depends on what kind of fx your using most on the K2:

if its delays, reverb, then it should go to the end of your chain, distortion, filters, closer to your guitar. but as mentioned before, if you like to do it in another way, do it.

the pro solution would be to use a mixer to add the modulation and reverb fx to your "dry" (uneffected) signal.

and use the LINE IN on your K2.

hope this helps
Kendall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how I've tried to route the effects chain. I can't get it to sound good unless it's in an effects loop (which may exclude your Marshall). It's always a little bit noisy on some presets, and it's difficult to kill this with a noise reduction system as you'll likely chop off your reverb and delay trails as well. I just live with a bit of noise.
Thargon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responses....

can i have one more question?

It is possible to put KP2 in some standby//bypass mode, when i dont wanna use it?

Thanks for answers
m4m

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a boss LS2 to bypass it from my chain (and to bring back line levels to the chain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: