Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"broken" ms2000b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortwave360

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: "broken" ms2000b Reply with quote

I lost my original ac adapter and replaced it with a adjustable voltage one. It was set to the correct voltage, however it was 200mA over. It took about a year and it finally fried something out. Lesson learned. I am hoping that the synth can be repaired somewhat easily. Could anyone tell me what I could be getting myself into as far as costs go? Or if my mistake cost me my favorite piece of kit!? Any experience with a over powered synth would help. Thank you.

Salvage Recordings
cloudswept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: MS2000 repair Reply with quote

Hiya

I take all my gear to Red Dog Music in Edinburgh (formerly Sound Control) they always have managed to repair all my synths (including my MS2000b) and the most I've ever paid is about £40.
kvnvk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adaptor being 200mA over that of the original won't have any effect on your synth, now if it had been under the original amperage things would be different, and I don't think it would have taken a year to f*ck something up. one time I accidentally used a power adaptor for a Metasonix Agonizer on my Yamaha DX200 module, which was around 1.5 amps, more than 2X that of the Yamaha adaptor. just happened that the polarity and voltage matched, so no problem. now if I had used the DX200 adaptor on the Agonizer there would have likely been a different outcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: