Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird "sustain" problem when converting Cue List t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Weird "sustain" problem when converting Cue List t Reply with quote

Does anyone have a solution for the following?
I'm working on a song of which I do each section (verse,bridge chorus) as a separate song. Each song has the same instruments assigned to the corresponding tracks, so there are no changes from one song to the other.
I then put each song into the cuelist, and converted it to a song. Track 5 is my bass track. The only thing that I've done different with that track is to transpose -12 to make it easier to play. When I convert cuelist to song, my track 5 bass is OK on two parts (what was two songs), but the rest (which would have been the remaining songs) is all "sustain-y". I've never had this problem when converting, although I have when sequencing, I find if you don't time the sustain pedal just right, it will happen. And, I didn't use the sustain pedal at all for the bass part. Help !!! I really don't want to have to redo the bass track after the cue-list is already converted to a song, because I still have parts to work on in the individual "original" songs". I did however, try re-doing the bass on one of the original "songs" and redid my cuelist and conversion to song, but It made no difference. Also,I have no effects yet on the bass track, so I don't think that could be an issue. I'm totally baffled.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try event editing your bass track and look for any control events and delete them, you can uncheck the box for event editing the notes so you wont be bothered by seeing them, anything else in there, delete it, this sort of thing happens to me all the time, but usually when i'm using either ribbon effects or knob twisting and it sticks because of where it cuts off, see if that helps
album cover
phaceless

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent had sustain problems but i do have problems when converting songs to cue list usually on one part something will jusst go totally crazy off beat or out of key but usually only for a couple bars so i just fix it
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, usually I have a forgotten pitch-bend or something that is mis-placed and messes up my next measure once they're bumped up against each other
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: