Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg Vocoder sound, please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Microkorg Vocoder sound, please help! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I really hope someone can help me with this issue.

I would like to get the electro/robotic effekt on my vocals from the microKorg WITHOUT using midi.

Meening that the effect shoud just be added to my vocals so I don't have to press the keyboard.

I think it sounds wierd when you try to sing a song and the vocals are in just one note because you are holding the base note.
I would be so happy if I could make it constant on my singing, and ofcourse so it would follow my voice in notes.

Hope you understand what I mean, and i really hope you can help!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should try playing the vocal melody on the keyboard whilst singing.
I can imagine a pitch detection midi device but as far as i know nothing like this exists. its like the elusive guitar > MIDI solution.

yes, playing one note would be quite boring, but part of the art of vocoding is to play the underlying chords/progression to the structure of your song, or on a mono/lead vocoder sound, playing a melody, much in the same way that your singing is merely another melody which could be written down as notes - with or without words.

if you want the vocoder to sound continuously it will do just that - play just one note. or if you played chords you could get an arpeggio.

to get a cheap open-amp effect for vocoder or audio in I always use the arpeggiator - set gate time to 100% and set the latch on. if you have the mode set to TRG then it will repeat whatever you enter over and over. alternatively if you have an arp pattern e.g. up or down or alt or even random then you can make it more exciting...

actually, I haven't played with that myself yet - random arp pattern vocoding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: