Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss at The Glade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Kaoss at The Glade Reply with quote

Hehe, I have just got back from The Glade festival in Berkshire, UK. I'm on the production crew of The Rabbit Hole.

So there I was tossing around backstage with my KP3, just having a laugh with some loops and Ableton, when one of the DJ's, Dave the Hair asks me to jump up on the stage with it for a dub set he was about to play with Knatty P on the mic laying down some mad vocals.

I thought he just wanted me to set it up stage side for Knatty to operate, but no sooner had I jacked the leads in than Knatty and Dave started their set and there I was, KP3 in hand, mashing it up for 2 hours to the festival audience ....

What a bloody laugh Laughing
decrepitude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss at The Glade Reply with quote

BostonGreen wrote:

The element of surprise!!

Did it conjure a good performance out of you because of it? ( I would think so Twisted Evil )
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss at The Glade Reply with quote

decrepitude wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:

The element of surprise!!

Did it conjure a good performance out of you because of it? ( I would think so Twisted Evil )

Yeah man, deffinately ....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I am genuinely happy for you BostonGreen mate, this is not a chit-chat self promotion blah-blah forum - but a TECH-help-FORUM - for learning about gear tuition/quirks/cool tricks/gear faults+plus sides/things hoped for from Korg in the future.

A hell of a lot of daft folk ruined the once excellent EM411.com (and still to this day overall dictate and sadly dominate/spoil everyone elses gear queries troll-like) by interjecting their personal clique pointless banter into its user help forum (which was originally meant to HELP 'everyone' who is trying to get ahead musically).
Hopefully you get what I mean. Personally, in my opinion, your exciting night out is probably better talked about in an off topic area of this forum, matey...sorry Smile
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 wrote:
As much as I am genuinely happy for you BostonGreen mate, this is not a chit-chat self promotion blah-blah forum - but a TECH-help-FORUM - for learning about gear tuition/quirks/cool tricks/gear faults+plus sides/things hoped for from Korg in the future.

A hell of a lot of daft folk ruined the once excellent EM411.com (and still to this day overall dictate and sadly dominate/spoil everyone elses gear queries troll-like) by interjecting their personal clique pointless banter into its user help forum (which was originally meant to HELP 'everyone' who is trying to get ahead musically).
Hopefully you get what I mean. Personally, in my opinion, your exciting night out is probably better talked about in an off topic area of this forum, matey...sorry Smile

Says you.

I couldnt give a toss about your opinion.

The title of this wbsite is 'Korg Forums - The forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world'

This particular forum is described as:'Korg KAOSS - Discussion relating to the Korg KAOSS pads and KAOSS mixers', I don't see it saying anything about it being a TECH-help forum, that is just your misguided interpretation.

It is more likely people like yourself with miserable attitudes to life and non-constructive and rude replies that caused EM411.com to become what it is.

GET A LIFE !
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 wrote:
is probably better talked about in an off topic area of this forum, matey...sorry Smile

LMAO, so talking about a Korg Kaoss pad being used in a live scenario in a Korg Kaoss forum is considered by YOU to be off-topic.

Now that is really dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss at The Glade Reply with quote

BostonGreen wrote:
Hehe, there I was, KP3 in hand, mashing it up for 2 hours to the festival audience ....

I'm not sure exactly what people learned about the Korg Kaoss Pad from this statement! Is it because I am dumb, as you say?

No need to be so easily offended by me, fellow. Sometimes when I am tired I can be unsympathetic or blunt to people who do not have anything substantial to ask or say about their gear.
I am simply trying to point out that somewhere else in the forums or email/windows messaging/telephone is better for describing largely a fun night out to mates where there is hardly no talk whatsoever of what you actually technically 'discovered' or 'did' with the Kaoss or any other Korg gadget (mashing it up Confused - sorry pal, I've seen 2 year olds on YouTube doing that with a Kaoss Pad).

I never said you were a bad guy and I can assure you neither am I but I stand by what I say about EM411 being ruined by others who would start pointless topics, or even more rudely invade others threads where lots of unrelated LOL 'guess where I was last night, bro?' chat BS would f*ck up the reason the actual thread was started for (and I for one did not get into hardly any arguments over there, as you wrongly assume, so, okay, fair enough guv, what you did is not as bad as that but again your statement offers nothing technical or what you particularly liked doing with the Kaoss Pad to others and even worse, it shunts everyone else's more relevant technical or real info based threads down a notch).
The last thing I wish to see is this excellent Kaoss Section spoiled by similair irrelevance - where learning about each others machines becomes less important than social networking.
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is enough of a ghost town without boring ass people like yourself condescending to others.

I'm sorry if my post doesnt meet your criteria, but as i've said before, I don't give a toss.

As for my post being pointless. Not so, it shows that the KP3 has more uses than producing poor standard you tube videos, the kind you obviously spend alot of time watching. It shows that it isnt just an effect to plug into your turntables and pretend you're the world class DJ you're most likely not.

But most importantly, it shows a Korg Kaoss pad user having FUN !!!!

As mentioned, get a soddin life you miserable muppet.
travisthered

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BostonGreen wrote:
This forum is enough of a ghost town without boring ass people like yourself condescending to others.

...pretend you're the world class DJ you're most likely not.
As mentioned, get a soddin life you miserable muppet.

Neutral
TrondC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there are like 4 new posts a day around here. I say let people post whatever they want. if it's not interesting, none is forcing anyone to read.

myself, I liked this story Smile sounds awesome, and I've actually dreamt that I did something similar once Smile

one thing we all learned from this is how intuitive the kaoss pads can be, as it's so hands on that you can get on stage with no preparation at all, and blow the audience away Smile

kudos man Smile

www.myspace.com/SiestaSubmarina
http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you grab a kaoss pad and take it on stage and just start randomly messing with it without preparation you're probably gonna piss some people off Wink

http://myspace.com/audioruso
Diametro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 wrote:

Go fold your socks ... !!! Seriously, lighten up ... This isn't a cancer research project ...
Prime NL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diametro wrote:

Go fold your socks ... !!! Seriously, lighten up ... This isn't a cancer research project ...

Hahaha....indeed... Laughing

Just subscribed myself a couple of days ago and seeing the comment 19 made gave me a good indication what to expect on this forum....only serious people allowed.... Rolling Eyes

For real....have you even been on stage once 19...???...sounds like you didn't...

I found Bostongreens story fun to read about...and hope that more people are willing to share their experience having fun on stage with whatever equipment they like to use....in this situation it is a KP3....the next time it will be another Korg equipment in another part of the forum.

So....whatever 19....go peel some salt if you wanna keep yourself busy doing something usefull....
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah,

Forum Nazi 0
Fun People 1

The stage i'm involved in is a very 'off-the-wall' production .... The Rabbit Hole, on the Sunday night after the PA got turned off, about 40-50 people ended up doing an impromptu drumming session.

Damn, people were running out and coming back with anything they could bang, madness ..... BUT FUN !!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tOEtsJgJUcE
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do firmly believe that the discussion here should be at least a bit technical... although in this particular case I'm neutral on the matter and I do kind of like the discussion.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: