Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting a Kaossilator to a Zoom MRS-8 Digital 8-Track?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jago

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Connecting a Kaossilator to a Zoom MRS-8 Digital 8-Track? Reply with quote

Hello, I posted this thread in the audio/visual section but it doesn't seem to busy in there. Hopefully someone would be so kind as to help me.

i have had my Kaossilator and 8-track for a little while. The idea of the Kaossilator is mainly to add new dimensions to my folk based music but when i try and connect up tp to my 8-track i can get it to work but the input sound has to be turned right up for me to be able to hear it through my 8-track and the there is tons of background interference. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the Kaossilator sounding great through my 8-track i'd be over the moon.

Cheers in advance
pjblues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Kaossilator Music Reply with quote

I am not sure about your 8 track but I use the Kaossilator recording into my Digi 002 Pro Tools LE without any problem. No noise. Are you sure you have everything hooked up right?
Jago

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure i had the Left and Right outputs through my to input ports on my 8-track but that involved too many adaptors and i thought that may be the problem. So i tried putting it through one port using one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1218&criteria=stereo/phono&doy=25m7 and it is still the same. Only certain sounds come through the 8-track on headphones and even then i need the input volume turned up to max hence the background noise.
pjblues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Audio Input Reply with quote

I have used these plugs in the past and had problems. I think you may want to change an adaptor chord. I use a chord that has RCA jacks on one end for left and right and the other end has a 1/4 plug left and right.

I can also plug the Kaossilator into my Kaoss 3 pad and then into the DAW without any noise or interference sounds.

It sounds like to me that perhaps you just need to change the type of patch chord you are using.

Hope this helps.
Jago

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the tips, the biggest problem is of the two inputs into the 8-track one is 1/4 which is fine. The other is a Microphone jack which is hard to get that to the output of my Kaossilator in on easy swoop. So far ive only managed that with one cable and two adaptors and it sounds rubbish.
pjblues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Let Me Know Reply with quote

Let me know how it works out. You can purchase a Mic adaptor to a 1/4" and maybe a Mic adaptor to RCA I believe. I know Guitar Center here sells these types of adaptors.
Jago

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the headphone jack instead of the lineouts and it works a treat.

Dunno why i didn't think of that before.
Prime NL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're volume was way down when you used the headphone jack....that's why the sound was so low and you got the background noise.
Jago

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prime NL wrote:
Maybe you're volume was way down when you used the headphone jack....that's why the sound was so low and you got the background noise.

No it wasn't that, it crossed my mind that possibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: