Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono VS Stereo [Microkorg]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
travisthered

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Mono VS Stereo [Microkorg] Reply with quote

Whenever I use my outputs in stereo, I loose my low end. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
plosive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it could be a phasing problem with your channels/mixer or however you bring it into your computer .. or something else ..

what is the cabling you have when you connect it mono? what type of plugs/connectors? mono channel on a mixer vs. stereo chanel on a mixer? 2 mono channels vs. 1? whats the setup? quarter inch to rca into asio rca connectors? 1/4" to 1/8" soundblaster? what are you connecting, how are you connecting?

try alternate channel connections, different cables, etc.
travisthered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using a split 1/4" to stereo 1/4" in my mixer, but of course my mixer is all mono so i guess some info was getting lost... still annoying though.
toomanyKORGs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same exact problem when i tried using a dual RCA - 1/4" stereo cable with my kaossilator, it was really messed up. i think it has to do with the 1/4" stereo end, i think you def need a stereo input or it will just give you 1 side.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

travisthered wrote:
I was using a split 1/4" to stereo 1/4" in my mixer, but of course my mixer is all mono so i guess some info was getting lost... still annoying though.

Doesn't matter if you're using a 'stereo' channel or two mono ones.
but if you are using two mono channels, make sure you pan one to the left and one to the right on your mixer, otherwise the two may superpose and cancel out certain frequencies depending on your patch, or several other strange things may happen.
PLUS, you won't really be benefiting from 'stereo' if you do not pan the channels as you are really just returning the signal to mono.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: