Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LCD backlight replacement for Korg 01/W ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulglowsafe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Korg O1W LCD Display Screen Backlight Reply with quote

GLOWSAFE are going to be bringing out a backlight panel: 155mm x 43mm in the New Year, so there should not be the need to cut it down.

Priced at under £20, more details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/Korg01w Smile
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlighrts for Korg 01/W and other synths Reply with quote

korgbacklights wrote:
If anyone is still looking for a backlight there are various models available
at: www.synthlights.com

I highly recommend these. I have installed backlights from Telesis and Synthlights. The ones from Synthlights are much brighter. In fact, I think they're a tad brighter than the 01/W Series backlights when new. If it wasn't such a pain in the butt I'd rip out the Telesis and replace it with one of these. Live and learn.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
jbeliz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced my backlight i bought it from instrumentalparts.com after seeing all these broken links from the thread. It worked just fine it gave me a chance to really get into my board i was worried for a while seeing all sorts of screws everywhere and circuit boards but it was actually pretty easy and finally was able to give it a good clean out with some air and clean the main screen protector from the inside, that dust and low light level on the screen was really taking the fun out of playing it. Now its as good as new for many years more.
korgbacklights

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Korg, Korg 01/W lcd backlight replacement Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zas17hklVIw
www.backlightsonline.com

www.backlightsonline.com has replacement lcd backlights for Korg 01/W and various other models.
The Youtube video shows some of the completed replacements.
Trinity_Gib

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ordered my backlight replacement for my bands n364s from korg uk direct. it is indeed a big job but it you are patient and methodical it can be done.

Korg Trinity with SCSI Board and ZIP Disk
Korg MicroKORG XL
Korg n364

My MicroKORG review
http://www.gear-review.co.uk/reviews/microkorgxl/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: