Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg poly 800 needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quailzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: korg poly 800 needs help Reply with quote

Hi, my friend gave me a korg poly 800 but it doesnt seem to work right. He said that years ago the batteries leaked and he had to take out the battery holder. I tried plugging it in with a power adaptor but nothing happened, no power. I soldered the adaptor (9volt, 300ma) to the old leads from the battery case. It has power, but some of the buttons and keys dont seem to work. The keyboard keys alternate working and not-working. For example, low c works, next c up doesnt work, next one up does, etc. Also some of the soft keys dont work, like #7 on the patch select numbers. Im assuming that i should replace the internal watch battery ( i think its the original battery.) Any help would be much appreciated. I really love the sound of it and would like to get it up and running for cheap. Oh, also my friend said it got water in it years ago but he said everything was working when he last used it. Im not very experienced with circuit board repair but i looked over the boards when i had it open and i didnt see any blown components or anything that looked burned up. Please help. I am having trouble finding any kind of troubleshooting guide for this board. Thanks!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST:

UNSOLDER THAT 9V!!!!!

That should be a CR2032 button battery (about the size of a quarter) which is 3V.

SECOND:

UNSOLDER THAT 9V!!!!!

Start there.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
quailzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: korg poly 800 Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your reply. Actually, the 3v battery is still there. I didnt mess with that @ all. What i did was solder the 9v wall adaptor to where the old c-cell battery holster was, which is now gone due to battery leakage. For some reason the board had no power when i plugged the 9v adaptor into where it was supposed to be. So i figured 6 c-cells = 9v.
natere2ster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: did you get it working Reply with quote

How did it go? Did you get it working?

I have a Korg poly 800 that is not booting up period...

I think its a bad transistor that is used as a voltage regulator Q1

Q1, Q3 and Q18 should be replaced...

And yea i don't recommend putting the 9V directly to the battery + /- posts!

Cheers,

Nate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: