Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touchy Power on MS2000B (and effects processor question)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Touchy Power on MS2000B (and effects processor question) Reply with quote

Hello Korg Forums!

I have an MS2000B, and I must admit it is a lovely keyboard for the price (love tweaking with nobs). Unfortunately the other day my bandmate tripped over the power cord and the DC plugin on the synth has become unstable (wobbly to say). If I pull it to the right, it will work, but otherwise I lose all power. Since I don't want this to happen at gigs, I'm a bit afraid. It's happened on an older keyboard of mine and I never managed to fix it. Does anyone know of a fast and easy way to repair this?

My second question relays to the effects processor on the MS2000. I like it tremendously, but I feel like I could invest in a stand alone device that does a better job and has more range. I was originally interested in a MS20 for similar reasons, but for price reasons, I would like to be referred to something that is less vintage and affordable (doesn't have to be a keyboard).

I appreciate the support in these forums, and hope that someone can answer at least one of my questions. Thanks!

-V
V

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Varand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the power input problem is very common with the ms2000s mine had the same thing all you have to do is take back panel out and solder the cracked connections, it'll take 10 minutes. I wish Korg put the power supply inside the unit itself. In fact that's one of my future projects for the ms2000 to put a power supply inside and run it using regular pc cable. As far the eddects processor goes you can pick up a Alesis Midiverb and it's a very nice unit I have 2 of them in my setup. Good luck
V

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Varand! You rock! Best regards...

-V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: