Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 1st track with the esx
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musikmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: My 1st track with the esx Reply with quote

http://www.virb.com/musikmachine

It's the third one in the playlist, dig a little deeper. I'm not happy with the overall quality and the upload seems to have made it worse!

Anyway any thoughts are welcome. Cheers.

Forgot to say it's made with the esx,emx and korg r3 and mixed in live. Smile

Last edited by musikmachine on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
musikmachine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
musikmachine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reworked the intro as the sound quality sucked on the original. This should be sounding much better but i've mixed it on headphones so i'm leaving donig anything else with it for now. Check it out and let me know what you think. Smile

Cheers.
musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Sad
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice calming chillout you got there... the tone is very good. It's a little low quality sounding but that might be because of virb. I think the parts you have going besides the bass and the main clav type sound are too quet (the arped sounding pad)

that stock vocal sample doesn't quite fit... and you lose a few points for using it because that's one of the most overused samples Very Happy

other then that I like it, it has a good tone, good flow, and good transitions and the whole thing goes in a story rather then loops like most electribe stuff these days.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new intro is much better.

musikmachine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ruso. The original quality is not too good but the upload made it worse.

The vocal inspired the track but yeah has been used a bit in dance music. Laughing

New version is sounding a lot better, i'm writing my own vocal for it as well (though i'm not great at writing vocals Embarassed ).
11hz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virb player sucks. I think it may be worse than the myspace player. Virb is cleaner looking but that player....man. I don't link to my virb page anymore because of the player. I'll probably delete my account. Anyway congrats on the first song.
Music with Gameboys
musikmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11hz wrote:
Virb player sucks. I think it may be worse than the myspace player. Virb is cleaner looking but that player....man. I don't link to my virb page anymore because of the player. I'll probably delete my account. Anyway congrats on the first song.

I don't find it too bad, mostly the quality is ok. It made it a lot worse this time but the original recording is a bit lofi. If you listen to the reworked intro the quality is a lot better. Maybe it's improved since you last used it. Wink
TrondC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musikmachine wrote:
11hz wrote:

I don't find it too bad, mostly the quality is ok. It made it a lot worse this time but the original recording is a bit lofi. If you listen to the reworked intro the quality is a lot better. Maybe it's improved since you last used it. Wink

will take a listen when I come home to my own computer (this one lacks speakers atm), but I have to say I too have a lot of trouble with myspace downgrading my tracks. what players out there have better sound quality? I've got some mellow, moody tracks that are completely ruined by the poor sound on myspace, like clikcs and small pops attached to percussive sounds, and the most annoying noise attached to deep bass sounds.. anyone else feel the same?

www.myspace.com/SiestaSubmarina
http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com
musikmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrondC wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
11hz wrote:

will take a listen when I come home to my own computer (this one lacks speakers atm), but I have to say I too have a lot of trouble with myspace downgrading my tracks. what players out there have better sound quality? I've got some mellow, moody tracks that are completely ruined by the poor sound on myspace, like clikcs and small pops attached to percussive sounds, and the most annoying noise attached to deep bass sounds.. anyone else feel the same?

I'm not sure it's a good question though. Soundclick? I hate putting music up when i know it's gonna get downgraded as the sound itself is an important part of the track. I don't think virb is too bad but it doesn't get a lot of hits. I've thought about myspace but i'm not a massive fan of Rupert Murdoc Evil or Very Mad but friend says it's brilliant for networking.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, the myspace player is terrible quality. The only way to make it sound good is to convert the mp3 to lower bitrate yourself and then upload. The loading times are unacceptable and the interface is UGLY.

Virb player is better but you gotta upload 128 kb or else it kills quality. I've never had any noticible sound quality loss.

musikmachine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
I disagree, the myspace player is terrible quality. The only way to make it sound good is to convert the mp3 to lower bitrate yourself and then upload. The loading times are unacceptable and the interface is UGLY.

Virb player is better but you gotta upload 128 kb or else it kills quality. I've never had any noticible sound quality loss.

No i'm not talking about the quality, i know that's not the best. My friend says it's good for networking with artists/promoters etc and finding new bands. He runs an organisation that puts on music events so it's a great way for him to go and find bands to book, for that it is invaluable as there are so many people using myspace. Smile

I'm on the fence about it but if promoters etc are using as a way of finding new acts maybe it's worth having a myspace page for that alone if your aim is to play live and you want to get your music heard. Smile

The track is starting to take shape now and i'm thinking of doing something with it live if i can get all the audio onto my RS7k.

I'll post the track up later...
musikmachine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new version up there now. This time i did a few tests and the mp3 sounded ok but the conversion has degraded the sound so the conversion is affecting the sound quality. I'm not happy with the mp3 conversion really so the mix which sounds good in live ends up sounding really crap by the time it gets to the internet, puts me off uploading songs. Confused

This is more trancy which i don't normally do so let me know what you think, quality aside. Smile

Cheers.
11hz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:

I uploaded all my songs at 192 kb, maybe that was the problem. I'll try at 128...
Music with Gameboys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: