Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg - Loading .prg files from a Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoodooright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Microkorg - Loading .prg files from a Mac Reply with quote

Does anyone know how this is done?

I recently downloaded about 400 free MK patches (granted they date from about 2003) and they all have .prg file extensions. The link is here:

http://www.techno-id.com/microkorg/microkorg.htm#RESOURCES

Although there doesn't seem to be anyway of opening or importing them via the microkorg editing software. It doesn't seem to recognise .prg files.

ANy ideas?

YDR.
sitails

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same problem .... the editor does not recognise the .prg files - they are just blanked out. help!
deskjob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: MicroKorg Patch Editor - MacOSX .prg issues- Any workaround? Reply with quote

Looks like there are three of us with this problem . . . I cannot get these .prg files to run on Mac OSX either. What a bummer. If I create a new library in the patch editor and save it on my desktop the document kind is "microKORG SoundEditor Document" with no file extension. I wonder if it would be possible for Mac OSX users to share their entire libraries, as opposed to folders of patches. I'm not an IT expert, but it seems reasonable that if I can save the library on my computer I could save or upload it elsewhere for someone else to use assuming they were running OSX and had the MicroKorg Editor software.

Also, have either of you tried using the Mac OS9 version to see if the .prg files work? I started to install it but stopped when my Mac started to initialize Mac Classic, which scared me off.
deskjob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this guy is up to something that might work for us:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36115
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: