Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 Low Internal Battery replacement and installment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ama angeni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Korg M1 Low Internal Battery replacement and installment Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Hello i have a Korg M1 with a low internal battery reading...i am looking to replace it(where to find)and then for a way to get my sounds back into my Korg....i dont have a midi card....i have a Mac G5 running 10.4.5. I am just beginning to use the keyboard again to write songs and am stuck here...any help will be appreciated...

ama angeni
kymhoffschildt@yahoo.com
hello Francois..i have a Korg M1 with a low battery reading....do you know where i can get a battery for this...and then when i install i will lose sounds...how will i get some back into the Korg? I dont have a midi card...just the M1...i would appreciate any help you can give....

thank you for your time ama angeni
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR-2032 lithium battery. You can pick up these at Radio Shack (and just about anywhere) for about 3 bucks.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
ClarkEng

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Battery problem Reply with quote

Yeah I just replaced my batteries for another five years... It is not hard to do at all. Unscrew the covering untill you see the circut board. Find the battery holder and replace the old battery with the new one... the data you'll lose should have been saved to a data card or SYS EX to a computer.. yeah go figure uh... NERD. The trick is to find the holder of the Battery.. yeah so find it already... Place the positive side in the right direction and double check that I have yet to give you a clue as to what that could have been. I really don't know..... your on your own. Thank GOD!!!
ama angeni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi clark...thanks for the info...i was able to find the battery here thanks to getting the information from this wonderful forum....i then found a guy here in mexico that came over and replaced it for 100 pesos...the trick to not loose your settings(i dont have the data card)is to turn the keyboard on right before you are going to change the battery.(a bit dangerous but if your careful as he was it works)....i didnt loose my settings...and boy was that a relief.....
hello Francois..i have a Korg M1 with a low battery reading....do you know where i can get a battery for this...and then when i install i will lose sounds...how will i get some back into the Korg? I dont have a midi card...just the M1...i would appreciate any help you can give....

thank you for your time ama angeni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: