Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grampa800

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Good morning,
I purchased my PA800 in April '08. Loaded OS 1.6. Everything worked fine. Around early summer I noticed sometimes when first turned on there would be a vibrato on a rare occasion that would usually clear itself after a few minutes. I reported this to the dealer and they were going to look into it with Korg but never got a reply. This morning it has recently become much more frequent and comes and goes at random. I can make it go away temporarily by changing sounds back and forth but it keeps coming back randomly. It seems to happen with a variety of sounds.
Any ideas or suggestions are urgently needed as I have two wedding gigs coming up next Saturday and the following and can't have this annoying problem.
Thank you kindly,
Jim
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have pedals, disconnect them and see if the problem persists.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
grampa800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hi Pete,
I appreciate the quick response. Unfortunately the problem doesn't appear to be pedal related. I even restarted the instrument after disconnecting the pedals and the problem is still there. It seems to usually happen after about 5 or 10 minutes of playing.
Thank you,
Jim Smile
I also tried reloaded the OS and Resources and the problem is still there.
galettouille
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a material problem with the joystick?
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going with your PA to another room. There could be some electrical vibes from another electric machine?

(tv, radio, distortion of mobile phone etc)

If not: ask the dealer for a new machine before end of the week. You have a consumer right that a good product is delivered. Somehow your problem seems new ... or are there more complaints like this on the forum ?
grampa800

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

To all whom have responded.
I tried a different power cord and then tried a different room and outlet but the problem persists.
Yes, I think this may be joystick related because the sound is similar to "Y" modulation and now I think the joystick doesn't work right because pushing it forward seems to have no effect. Also when I go to the Keyboard/ensemble page I can stop and start the vibrato once it starts on its own by unchecking and rechecking the Y axis boxes. The joystick works fine in the X axis for pitch bend and it will start and stop an organ rotary when I pull back on it.
Pushing it forward (away from me) does nothing and releasing it to center from that position does nothing. I think this may be more hardware related than software but I'm not sure.
I'm supposed to take it to the dealer tommorrow so they can here the problem.
Your thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thank you all. Smile
Jim
grampa800

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Well, the plot thickens. I took it back to the dealer so they could witness the problem and it wouldn't fail at their place. So, I went back home and tried it and it hasn't failed at home yet either. Also, the joystick works correctly again. I guess it's one of those hard to solve intermittent problems. Maybe a connector, maybe a cold solder joint, maybe something else. Any other thoughts or ideas appreciated. I'll let you know if and when it goes bad again.
Thank you, Smile
Jim
grampa800

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hi all,
The problem started again last night after about 3 hours of power on.
This morning when I turned it on the problem was there immediately.
I'm taking it back to the dealer again today. Maybe it will fail there this time.
Thanks again,
Jim Confused
grampa800

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Just an update. The Korg regional factory rep and the dealer both think it is a hardware issue probably related to the joystick so it has been sent for repair.
Thanks,
Jim Smile
grampa800

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

Hello Pete, galettouille, macboy, and all interested,
I wish I could be telling you all about how much I like OS2.0 but I'm still waiting for my PA800 to be repaired. The shop has decided the problem was in the joystick and ordered a replacement part. I continue to wait.
Jim Smile
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope you have it soon returned well. With OS 2.0 installed Smile
grampa800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Urgent help needed for PA800 random vibrato. Reply with quote

The dealer keeps telling me the repair shop is waiting for a new joystick to be shipped from Korg. My keyboard has been sitting there for several weeks now so I decided to visit the repair shop today and it turns out they don't know how to determine a part number for a new joystick module and claim Korg can't or won't tell them how to order one. So the truth is after all these weeks there is nothing on order from Korg.
First question. Does anyone on this forum know how the repair shop needs to go about determining a correct part number to order? They claim they can't get any schematics or parts lists or help from Korg and yet they are an Authorized repair facility listed on the Korg website.
Second question. Why should I have to get so involved in the process like this in an attemp to get something done?
Again, any thoughts or ideas are most appreciated.
Thank you,
Jim Smile
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God man.....
That is terrible service. They have had it since late October, and they still don't even have part on order?

I would call Korg USA tomorrow AM and tell them what's going on.

From what I have been hearing the service and parts availability is really bad here in the US...or these are exceptions to the rule. I'm surprised.

I bought my PA2 from Sweetwater sound, I have a feeling they would have this issue sorted out quickly, but I'm not sure of that, since I have not had mine in.

Any authorized dealer/service center should have access to a on-line (or prined) parts book for all instruments.

On phone call from the service center to Korg USA should have got them what they need. P/N and part on order. If not a quick call to KorgPA should have the P/N quickly.

I wander if Korg USA stocks any spare parts?

Lee
trevorjohn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just switched from Yamaha to Korg I am rather alarmed at some of these hardware and service problems some owners seem to be encountering.. I was going to sell my Tyros 2 after Christmas.. I'm beginning to think I'd better hang on to it....Just in case' Exclamation

Trevor
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,
Your post is well taken...I hope the appropriate Korg people are hearing what is going on and planning improvements?

I sold my T2 about a month ago.....Hmmmmmm.

You know...before the internet, forums etc. some problems with gear, service etc. got hidden for monthes/years...NOT ANYMORE.

But, remember...there is a LOT/Majority of these keyboards working fine as we speak with NO hardware issues.

Mine has no hardware issue since I bought it in March 08.

Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: