Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKORG vs. Moog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theREALinitial

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: microKORG vs. Moog Reply with quote

hey everyone. I've had my microKORG for almost a year now and I love it more than any other instrument I own. I'm wondering what your opinions are on the microKORG in comparison to Moog synths like the Realistic Concertmate MG-1 Synthesizer (Used my Motion City Soundtrack). I'm wondering if you think it's worth spending the money for a Moog synth (old analog or new) or to keep working with my microKORG to create similar patches. I have yet to create anything that truly emulates the Moog sound.
fac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Moog and keep the Korg. Very Happy

Seriously, they're very different sounding instruments and one would never replace the other. Moog synths can be bold and full, great for bass and leads; but they also have simpler architectures (except the Moog modular and Voyager), which results in a narrower range of sounds. The microKorg may not sound as fat, but it sure can get much crazier than a typical 2-osc moog (e.g., MG-1, Prodigy, Rogue, Little Phatty, etc).

I used to own a Prodigy and it got along great with my MS2000R. Prodigy bass and leads over MS2000 pads and keys made a nice combination.

Nord G2 + Waldorf XT + Korg MS2000R + ER-1 + ES-1 + Boss DR-770 + Dotcom modular + Mobius + Ensoniq ESQ-1 + Atomo Mochika
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: