Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Members GiveAways and Contributions! (Updated Feb 2012)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Members GiveAways and Contributions! (Updated Feb 2012) Reply with quote

If you've never been completely satisfied with the Korg Pianos give this a try. I have modified the Korg Grang Touch Pianos again and I'm really happy with this new set. There's a new "Live!Grand Touch" which has that earthy real sound (not too sharp/bright) and doesn't have that annoying mid-range ring of the original Grand Touch.

All pianos have RX effects and 6 levels of expression. Polyphony is generally not a problem as I've limited the RX to notes above middle C. (the pedal down effects are inaudible below that range anyway).

##Here is the latest download link for the Piano Set:(updated 27Feb2012)
http://www.box.com/s/99zcp1nj7qittcbr0dih
Once downloaded you will need to unzip the file to obtain the ".SET" folder.
After backing up your Pa1x, copy the folder to your Pa1x hard drive and load it. Total Ram usage is around 15mb. This is a sound set only and will not affect any of your keyboard's settings.
The main pianos are in the first 8 in User 1 sounds but you may be interested in other pianos in the first 24 usder slots. Because there are some other sounds in my User 1 set (from page 4 or User slot 25 onwards) I suggest you just load the first 8, 16 or 24. Two of the Pianos on page 2 of user 1 require the Concert Piano Expansion Card but don't worry if you haven't got this as you can overwrite these slots with something else later.
Hope you enjoy!
John

Last edited by Reuben on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 am; edited 8 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a good man John Applause Applause

Thanks for all your efforts and sharing the outcomes with us...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. I i have the XMS 1 expansion board on my keyboard. Can i have both your pianos and the XMS on my keyboard ? How can i check the memory left in my keyboard ?

And thanks again for your great efforts .
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth,
I don't have the XMS1 but I'm assuming it plugs into an expansion slot and doesn't use your Ram. All keyboards should come with at least 16mb of Ram (upgradable to 32mb). To check your available Ram go to Sound Mode, Record button, Sampling Tab and check your available Ram. To exit use the drop down menu and choose exit from record.
All the best,
John
pauli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John.................!!
Apprieciate all the hard work

Peace,
Pauli
eternalmusic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Can I use these sounds set files for my Pa800 ?
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi john i tried to download your pianos but i get an error message 'You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?'
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) worth - I have checked the Radidshare site and found this:

"Our counters evaluate IP addresses. When the messages "Download limit exceeded" or "Loading�" appears without you downloading at that point in time, it is likely that you are calling RapidShare via a so-called proxy server whose IP address is also being used by other users. The allocation of proxy servers is automatically carried out by your internet service provider. In order to resolve this problem, you have to deactivate the proxy server.
In some cases, however, it is not possible. If you are with a provider who changes the allocated proxy server frequently"

I'd try it from another computer if you can. If you still have problems I'll find an alternative file sharing site and put them up there.

2) eternalmusic - the LiveGrandTouch sounds (PCM) will work but some of the other sounds are modifications of the inbuilt Rom sounds of the Pa1x and I'm not sure if you'll get the same results but it won't harm anything to try.
Best regards,
John
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi john. If you could find another file sharing site that would be wonderfull
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another link for the 16 piano set:http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fac973d87323c369d2db6fb9a8902bda
Best,
John
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: sorry not i cant load live grand touch piano RX. Reply with quote

hello ALL () if I could download the sounds of pianos pcg example, new pianos and other Grand2 pianoRX monaurally. but I can not download the others such as "live grand piano RX" I could not download them. I went to PCM Autol and nothing at all. I hope your help please..... SORRY I could not install the "grand pianos rx touch." The names are just nothing but the sound of nothing ..mi keyboard is the pa1x.. thanks for you help.... best regards.
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: hi rouben Reply with quote

hi rouben sorry mi bad head and bad enghlis .. mi pa1x is 32 mb hard disk 30 gb ....is very well piano mono rx but (live grand piano RX not is possible ).... thanks for you help..... Embarassed Crying or Very sad
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: hi all erase sound pcg or delete sound user ¿why? Reply with quote

How could erase some sounds? There are sounds like pianos guitars. but which are almost identical. and this I think that cuts or restricts the memory of 32 mb .. sounds clear that I myself have done or I've changed. I would like to erase. What to do?....thanks soo much. Rolling Eyes
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi robertocarlo,
The PCM does not appear to be loading. Causes could be
1) your ram is already too full - try erasing multisamples before loading OR start your keyboard with auto load turned off (Disk, Preferences, PCM Autoload unticked, menu, write global disk preferences, Re-start the keyboard) now load the set - if everything works then change disk preferences back to Autoload.
2) maybe the PCM did not download properly - the zip file should be about 11.7mb or 14.9mb when unzipped and it should contain 3 sub-folders Multismp, Sound and PCM- if its not all there then there is something wrong.
3) you do need OS3.1 for this to work
(the other couple of sounds on page 3 don't use PCM and are not taking up any Ram)
Hope this helps,
John
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: sorry reuben is equal error . Reply with quote

Reuben hi. How can I delete any multisample and sounds? meybe mode SOUND "record" ok. see "empty" at the top right corner of the screen I'm going to "delete" appears (delete sample) .. example (or) 0 selected grand piano L4 .... here is what I have to do? ... sorry I do not see very clear ... meybe (ok) ..... NOTE: When you download or unzip with WinZip. if I see who are the most pcm and pcm and only a last look at "file pcg" I made a folder on the hard disk and it will pa1x what decompress 11.7mb 14.9mb I do this ...... 1.) step in looking for hard disk folder and I (sound open) .. next appears here (user 1.pcg) down ram01.pcm ram02.pcm ram03.pcm and well until ram63.pcm just that ... .. ok. . I select (USERO1.PCG) I open and appears EURO GRAND PIANO BRIGHT ... ... EURO RX until ORGAND AT ROCK ... but I repeat. does not listen live Grand Touch ¡¡... do not hear anything ....How can I know how to ram memory? pa1x already put in 16 plus 16 or 32 mb thanks to rob sherrat gave me a 16 mb .... ok greetings from mexico..... thanks soo much jhon..you send some sounds that change in style and pa1x... my experiments in mode sound with oscilators ..well ...meybe is fine ..¿is good?.... Laughing ...best rgards jhon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: